• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internal thermal diodes????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Octoman

I have a 550E cBo and wanted to know if it had an internal temperature diode? If so (or not) what programs can I use to see the temperature output of that sensor? I have MBM5 but I think the temerature for the CPU is coming from the thermosistor underneath the CPU. Thanks:)

I think the other major chips manufacturer :))) offers that feature, as far as I know, there is no internal sensor... only the diode on the motherboard, which I have found to be adequate for my needs.

As far as I know all intel cpu's from around the p2 350 onwards have an internal thermal diode sensor. MBM5 can tell you that temp as long as you have a board with the required chip to interperate it, which is the maxim 1617 (I think there is a newer one called the NE1617) this also has it's own sensor on board as well

Phil said:
As far as I know all intel cpu's from around the p2 350 onwards have an internal thermal diode sensor. MBM5 can tell you that temp as long as you have a board with the required chip to interperate it, which is the maxim 1617 (I think there is a newer one called the NE1617) this also has it's own sensor on board as well

Oh... so I checked google...

What newer motherboard's have this chip?

The ones I found on google were BX boards, some being a bit old.

Pinky said:

Oh... so I checked google...

What newer motherboard's have this chip?

The ones I found on google were BX boards, some being a bit old.

I know that the maxim was used on bx boards (some versions of my qdi board have them but wouldn't you know it mine doesn't) and I had presumed that the ne1617 was used on the 800 series boards.

Back