• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

older computer doesnt see hard drive.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Como

I know its most likely a bios issue. IT sees the 80GB drive, bt doesnt see the 120...

If i remember correctly, a bios limitation would still detect the drive, but at the maximum supported size....This doesnt see it at ALL.

its an old 500 mhz celly HP.

pavillion 6630

the bios doesnt see it...doesnt care about filesystems.

sorry about the quick "help up there, i was multitasking and the other task was rather important.

Anyways, im trying to use this pos computer as a fileserver. Thre my unused XP on it, fired it up. loads pretty fast for a 5400 rpm ata 33 hard drive.

Anywho, i cant get this thing to see my 120 gig hard drive. The 80 shows up, even in windows, as an 80...but the 120 wont even detect in the bios. i tried different jumpers with no luck.

The drive worked fine in my rig in my sig, which is being canibalized for money and parts. (rip)

So, other than the rather uninformed file system comment(no offense meant), Anyone else have any ideas?

Back