• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good program or forum to start video editing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
drewthomas14 said:
i want to learn how to edit videos. i want to be able to stream audio to video. does anyone know of a good program or forum for this?

if you have acces to a good mac, imovie is good, adobe premiere works great, final cut.

Imovie i believe is free, but most of the others arent. Its mac only i htink tho.

as always, www.google.com is your best friend =)

I use Adobe Premiere with my DV cam, Works wonders! Costs a lot tho :-|
Theres always some goods programs like CyberLink PowerDirector. But you'll never get good out comes from those cheap programs.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you goto any video editing forums, all they'll say is "get this ******** its only $399" But you can get help from them. If you want to get good at video editing, study movies (how they are put together) Please don't ask people "Could you show me some tips on video editing?" I HATE THAT!!!.. sorry.

Good luck with it.

Ulead is a goood program for beginners....media studio pro (costly) but it does it all....theres video studio, for much cheaper, but its limited. i love ulead.

premeire gives me fits, turns out my hdd is dying.....mac is the king for video editing.

windows comes with movie maker.

Pinacle makes a pretty decent editing software as well (comes with ATI AIW's). Nothing like Premiere, but it's a start. Ulead software is usually included with Leadtek capture/TV cards. I'd start of with as basic as you can get, with good features. I don't know if you learn the same way I do. I basically play with things till I know my way around them for the most part, then I go out and start looking up the more advanced things.

Back