• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Venus 12 or Zalman CNPS7700-CU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhantomOSX2

Registered
I'm having a hard time choosing what to get. I hear that the Zalman beats the Venus 12 but there aren't a lot of CNPS7700-CU reviews to make my final decision. I'm running a AMD 64 2800+ on a ASUS K8N-E Deluxe (not sure if I put it in my sig but just incase). I will probably upgrade to a 3400+ soon.

Which is better? Thanks. :attn:

definetly go for thermalright or zalman, stay away from thermaltake.
zalman has the edge when you want quiet cooling, however thernalright gives you more options when choosing a fan

Thermalright is lighter - so if you go to lanparties, I'd definietly choose Thermalright - 7700 scares me with its weight :)

Ven0m said:
Thermalright is lighter - so if you go to lanparties, I'd definietly choose Thermalright - 7700 scares me with its weight :)
Agreed, plus the XP120 is a better sink overall, AND you can use your own fan. Another reason to buy the TR.

Plus:

Thermalright said:
K8N-E Deluxe | Okay

...it fits your mobo without a single issue.

Back