• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

...ghetto mod in the works, heh heh heh... :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
...off topic, but...

...lemme say thanks for all comments posted so far, I appreciate the help, and criticism, and pats on the back. I post in a lot of forums, but this is the only forum I feel comfortable posting my schtuff in. I've read a lot in here, saw that people don't slag each other(99.99% of the time, it's just not tolerated), and that there's a lot of respect for other posters. Hats off to the OC Forums, and the people in it... :attn:

Yea, these forums rox my sox ofx... .....or not.....

But I think sorta like the electromagnetic thingy, yet not.... just interference in general.

Hehe Its nice to see people moding, dont worry about all those little pricks thats comment your writing, I have problems with it to but I get over it and those who comment on it can just go **** them selves (there usually the ones that want me to fix there computer, like hell im going to do that! virus for you and you and you).

anyways do you got anything to put in that comp (hardware) cause if not, If you can pay for shiping or somthing I can send you my freinds motherboard and cpu with sound card for free, Its here and I got no ram for it and psu. its an intel 450mhz tested and working. (passive heat sink) pm me if you want it.

Take it man! Crazy if you do not!

TBW...You are VERY lucky to have your whole family involved.
I hope to one day get both of my sons and wife involved...but they a 2 and 2 months...need to grow up a little :>)

Msi. said:
Hehe Its nice to see people moding, dont worry about all those little pricks thats comment your writing, I have problems with it to but I get over it and those who comment on it can just go **** them selves (there usually the ones that want me to fix there computer, like hell im going to do that! virus for you and you and you).

anyways do you got anything to put in that comp (hardware) cause if not, If you can pay for shiping or somthing I can send you my freinds motherboard and cpu with sound card for free, Its here and I got no ram for it and psu. its an intel 450mhz tested and working. (passive heat sink) pm me if you want it.

...thanks man, YGPM... :attn:

philippmike said:
Take it man! Crazy if you do not!

TBW...You are VERY lucky to have your whole family involved.
I hope to one day get both of my sons and wife involved...but they a 2 and 2 months...need to grow up a little :>)

...I'm crazy, but not nuts, heh heh heh... :D

....yeah, my wife needs to grow up a little too, hahahahahaha(she doesn't read in here, obviously)... :p

...kids colour outside the lines, which is cool, they can be pretty creative, and unlike us, they don't tend to incorporate someone else's ideas, they just do what they think is cool... :thup:

- YGPM -

-----------------------------
I will ship asap. once I get the mobo out of the case and packaged in an anti-static bag. Canada post will do fine I know people that work there

Ya most of the people I know dont like mods, especailly uv lights and cathodes. There was a day were they were cool but when eveyone has them and calls them a mod then it kind of kills it. although they find overclocking crazy but it shows that companys only limit things for profit and make you buy better stuff :) (its sticking it to the man)

anways got a little off topic.

hmm you live ontario so its not cold enough to do what I was thinking (create a air duct to a side 120mm fan from the windows, attached to the window is a fram so that it controls the amount of air coming in. the frame is isolated since its used in the winter time. A torrin 7000rpm blower is attacked the the winw frame and sends cool air screaming down the tunnel, made out of that thermal tubing wich they use for dryers I think, and into your case. the side 120mm fan is tunneled to the cpu heat sink and to top it all off you have this:

http://overclockers.com/tips1187/

thats shhould drop you temps a good 15 - 20 degrees since its usually -14 to -40 on an average winter day in quebec. all thats left is some way of stoping condensation since you are chaning temps at an incredable speed -40 hiting a 30 degree heatsink. ) you guys inspire me to do this stuff :p

Since you would like to add your own window,I would suggest getting an alum case such as the antec p-160.....very easy to work w/. I fully modded mine,ill post pics once i get my new mobo.

Msi. said:
- YGPM -

I will ship asap. once I get the mobo out of the case and packaged in an anti-static bag. Canada post will do fine I know people that work there

Ya most of the people I know dont like mods, especailly uv lights and cathodes. There was a day were they were cool but when eveyone has them and calls them a mod then it kind of kills it. although they find overclocking crazy but it shows that companys only limit things for profit and make you buy better stuff :) (its sticking it to the man)

anways got a little off topic.

hmm you live ontario so its not cold enough to do what I was thinking (create a air duct to a side 120mm fan from the windows, attached to the window is a fram so that it controls the amount of air coming in. the frame is isolated since its used in the winter time. A torrin 7000rpm blower is attacked the the winw frame and sends cool air screaming down the tunnel, made out of that thermal tubing wich they use for dryers I think, and into your case. the side 120mm fan is tunneled to the cpu heat sink and to top it all off you have this:

http://overclockers.com/tips1187/

thats shhould drop you temps a good 15 - 20 degrees since its usually -14 to -40 on an average winter day in quebec. all thats left is some way of stoping condensation since you are chaning temps at an incredable speed -40 hiting a 30 degree heatsink. ) you guys inspire me to do this stuff :p

...we got the same winter temps as you, I'm about 50 miles north of Toronto. The house I'm renting is 3 years old, and has all casement windows, and I doubt my landlord would appreciate a hole cut in the wall, heh heh heh. I'd be worried about humidity myself, we have Georgian Bay to the west, Lake Ontario to the south, and we're right on Lake Simcoe, so it's damp here to begin with. I checked out the mod you posted a link to when it was first on the homepage, very good numbers he got with that, impressive, something to keep in mind when I upgrade... :thup:

capmuffin said:
Since you would like to add your own window,I would suggest getting an alum case such as the antec p-160.....very easy to work w/. I fully modded mine,ill post pics once i get my new mobo.

...just went and checked out a review of it, very nice case to start with. Pricey, but very nice. I'm looking forward to the pics, and it won't be considered by me as thread-crapping... :cool:

...one more coat of paint around the side fan and that part is done, then we have to lay out what parts of the internals we want to hide. We could paint the inside, but that would mean ripping the system apart, and I really don't want to do that. I'll let Bam decide, which means I'm probably not gonna like what he wants me to do, damn kids, hahaha...

- YGPM -

could paint the inside, but that would mean ripping the system apart, and I really don't want to do that

I think someones going to have to gut the system :p

its not that bad I mean getting stuff out of those old hp machines is like trying get all color sides on a rubic's cube. :)

anyways have fun (thats what its all about isent it)

Msi. said:
- YGPM -

I think someones going to have to gut the system :p

its not that bad I mean getting stuff out of those old hp machines is like trying get all color sides on a rubic's cube. :)

anyways have fun (thats what its all about isent it)

...thanks MSI, very much appreciated. I think it's time a kid learns how to gut a machine... :D

Hey I got the mobo out of the case, damn think took me about two hours but I got it out.

now to package it :)

-----------------------

first step with gutting a computers is always watching out were things are and were they will be put back, then the rest is just a thing of taking your time to unscrew and unplug things.

When takeing out a mobo be carefull not to just ply it out and forget that a few is still in, or you will be missing a chunk of the mobo :) (happend to me when I was learning in school).

...very cool MSI. I've had this system in pieces before, not a prob, built my wife's system from scratch, along with my FIL's, and he still likes me... :D

...scooped myself a "dremel" today, okay, a "Topower Mini Grinder", which is a knockoff Dremel, but hey man, $28 tax included. Got a ton of attachments with it. While there, I saw an accessory kit, 251 piece, for $22.99, sale is on till Sunday, so I'll probably scoop that tomorrow or Saturday. Man man!!! I shoulda grabbed it while I was there, but I gotta get these things past the wife a little at a time. Maybe I'll get her roses tomorrow, and get myself the kit Saturday, then she can't yell at me, heh heh heh... :attn:

...tonite, Bam is going to start grinding away, he'll love it...

thats cool,

speaking of dremel, the company bought me a dremel and payed me lunch today since its my last day of internship here. going to miss my cubical :s

5,000 - 35,000 RPM dremel MultoPro 4962-03 with they accessories :) cant wait to try it out.

I have your mobo sitting on my work desk at home and the cpu is there to (on antistatic back, the desk is wooden anyways). I have to find a packageing box for it, If I cant send it though my freind by monday can you tell me how postage due works because I havent send things In a long time!

I know what you mean about getting things through your wife, Its like convincing my mom that moding and overclocking isnt a bad thing. If people dont change stuff and try to make it better then we would never evolve (it doesnt always make things better but hey were not perfect).

:)

Msi. said:
thats cool,

speaking of dremel, the company bought me a dremel and payed me lunch today since its my last day of internship here. going to miss my cubical :s

5,000 - 35,000 RPM dremel MultoPro 4962-03 with they accessories :) cant wait to try it out.

I have your mobo sitting on my work desk at home and the cpu is there to (on antistatic back, the desk is wooden anyways). I have to find a packageing box for it, If I cant send it though my freind by monday can you tell me how postage due works because I havent send things In a long time!

I know what you mean about getting things through your wife, Its like convincing my mom that moding and overclocking isnt a bad thing. If people dont change stuff and try to make it better then we would never evolve (it doesnt always make things better but hey were not perfect).

:)

...cool on the bonus Dremel, it's nice when an employer shows YOU some respect. Kinda people you want to work for. My "dremel" has 15/20/25/30,000rpm settings, works for me, I really didna wanna invest in a "REAL" Dremel this close to Xmas, I'd be sleepin on the couch... :D

...gonna scan the plexi sidecover tonight, do some cable mods tomorrow, slice up the front cover, and work on the CD burner mount, maybe finish it. I'd like to get it finished before my vidcard gets here, cause I'll be gaming while Bam is modding. Kid loves the dremel, I got home this aft after work, I notice it's not in the case, and ask him where it is. He tells me it's out in the garage, he sharpened the snowshovel so he can cut ice better, and get right down to the pavement on the driveways. Yeah man, I'm gonna use up a lotta disks here, heh heh heh... :eek:

...as for "postage due" just tell Canada Post you want to send it "postage due", that's all there is to it. When it gets here, they'll drop a card in my mailbox, I bring it in, pay the postage, and it's done. Kinda like "COD", but on the postage only. Be careful with this though(don't worry, I wouldn't be telling you this if I wasna gonna pay the postage), if you send something "postage due", and the postage is heavy, say $40, and that person changes their mind, Canada Post returns it to you, but then you gotta cover the postage, BOTH WAYS to get it back. Just a word to the wise MSI, make sure the person you're sending it to is willing and able to cover the postage(I will, and am)... :cool:

...Bam/Josh got the paint job(for the fan) finished, got a wee bit careless with the dremel, but that's all cool, dug a little deep is all. We need more paint, on the fan housing, where the screws mount, easy fix. We figured out that we have to paint the fan frame, cause you see it from the "wrong" angle, so Bam can figure out what colour he wants for that...

sidewpaint.jpg

...I decided we'll go flat/matt black on the interior frame parts we don't want to see, nothing shiney but the things we want to see, "stealth" the rest...

...Josh will be sketching/grinding his "mobo" sidecover tomorrow, while I do the front cover/CD burner mount. While we're doin this, "Stinky", my #3 son, will start drawin out his plans for the cover on his box. two weeks off this Xmas, yeah, these boyz will keep me busy, I love it... :attn:

Yeah ,odding with parents is always fun. I am currently working on modding my case and my dad is very helpful saying "yay a saber saw and a metal blade and you can cut these holes perfectly(they are hole in the Chassis). He also has a friend with a gaint milling machine that is going to not only do me a copper Waterblock but teach me how to use the machine.

Finally he has all those handy tools somme of which are to big to use while modding certain aspects of your case(that cheese grate stuff in your fans way is not where you should use a 1/2 milwakee drill and 1 inch holesaw as the drill keeps going until all your cheese grate is mangled.)

I think it's wonderful that you are able to teach your children new things. More importantly, you are spending quality time with your kids. Great Job!

Still looking around ofr a mobo box, anways thanks for the tip on postal due, its a p3 450 with mobo, If it ever came back to me I would probably leave it at the post office and never pay hehehe, I know some people would want it but hey im dead broke...

speed bump said:
Yeah ,odding with parents is always fun. I am currently working on modding my case and my dad is very helpful saying "yay a saber saw and a metal blade and you can cut these holes perfectly(they are hole in the Chassis). He also has a friend with a gaint milling machine that is going to not only do me a copper Waterblock but teach me how to use the machine.

Finally he has all those handy tools somme of which are to big to use while modding certain aspects of your case(that cheese grate stuff in your fans way is not where you should use a 1/2 milwakee drill and 1 inch holesaw as the drill keeps going until all your cheese grate is mangled.)

...hey man, your dad's right, a sabresaw/Sawzall, with a metal blade, will slice very nicely. The Milwalkee(sp? Hey, I'm Canadian, eh?) Sawzall's are the best, no cordless 18V stuff, corded 120V, variable speed, they chaw through metal with ease, I use one daily at work. Gotta go fast enough to keep from shakin the hell out of what you're cuttin, but slow enough to not melt the teeth off the blade. Keep the blade at maybe a 30 degree angle to the metal, slice right through like butter... :D

...very cool that you'll get to run a milling machine, played with all those tools in shop class in highschool myself, fun stuff. Hey man, very good paying work too, machinists(in Canada anyhow) make major bucks...

...and yeah, always "fun" when your drill takes a big bite out of something, then tries to snap your wrist...

Jex said:
I think it's wonderful that you are able to teach your children new things. More importantly, you are spending quality time with your kids. Great Job!

...thanks, it's as much fun for me, if not more, as it is for them... :clap:

Msi. said:
Still looking around ofr a mobo box, anways thanks for the tip on postal due, its a p3 450 with mobo, If it ever came back to me I would probably leave it at the post office and never pay hehehe, I know some people would want it but hey im dead broke...

...cool man, no rush at all, far be it from me to ***** about free stuff, when it gets here, it gets here. I'll return the favour/gesture, somehow... :attn:

...oops. forgot the update, so here's the front cover, with everything gone. The power/reset buttons will be "chrome", and the plate that holds them will be gloss black. The plexi is in the hole in this pic, it'll be gloss black too, along with the floppy and CD faceplates. Haven't figured out what colour the case will be, Bam has to figure out the colours for his rig tractor first, then we'll pick out a background that will show it off... :D

frtcovsliced.jpg

Back