• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

...ghetto mod in the works, heh heh heh... :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brundle Fly

Disabled
...the #2 son(15 years old) has the jig saw goin downstairs right now, four 5 1/2 inch bays are gonna be gone, a 120mm Panaflo stuck in there, in Plexi...

...left side of the case is next, another 120 Panaflo goes in there. I hope to get my wife goin kinda nuckin futz with her artistical skill, cause I got none, I want some etching/painting done, backside lit. My wife is good, should be cool when it's done. As long as Bam Bam(#2 son) doesn't break anything, hahahahaha...

...I will post pics of this ghetto, as we go along. Cool schtuff to do with yur yard apez... :attn:

[KX3]rAge said:
You named your son bam bam?
You also have terrible typing skills for a father...

Pics :)

...there wuz a time when I corrected alla my mick-steaks, but I gave up on that, heh heh heh. Bam Bam got his name cause he has always stuck up for the "less fortunate mentally", he's always volunteered to help them out at school. Whilst in grade six, he kicked the crapola out of a ninth grader, who was picking on the kid he(Joshua/Bam Bam) was "charged" with looking after, smoked the dummy, and I mean good. I wuz lost, I wanted to ***** him out about beatin on the guy, severely, but at the same time, I agreed with what he did. We got over it, yet his rep followed him from public school to highschool. People don't bug him, and truely, he's a nice guy, the ladies think he's very "sweet", they don't know him very well, heh heh heh... :^D

...anyhow, so, got no digital, so all I can do is scan those mods that can be scanned. Bam did okay cutting, until he got impatient, then he tried to cut fast, so he's got some filing to do, the jigsaw melted the plexi...

Image1.jpg

...we'll iron it out, only one crack, and it will be painted, no harm, no foul. I'll post pics of the side panel tomorrow, if we have time to work on it... :^)

you truly do have horrible typing skills for a dad, and bad grammar, im 17 and have better of both :p

anyway, im having touble working out whats going on...

Up the Irons said:
I'm 13 and I have better typing skills and grammar. That's quite disturbing.
If you don't have anything constructive to say don't hit the reply button. Damn 13 year olds, they can type, but they don't think before they do it.

P.S. - It's past your bed time.

Shees, talk about thread crapping. It doesnt look to me like he has that bad of typing skillz, I see much worse from you guys just trying to be funny with your slang terms. Anyways, one piece of advice to you "Up the Irons", use a dremel next time with a cutting wheel. It is much cleaner and doesnt stretch the metal. I too tried using a jigsaw on my first case mod and it turned out very rough looking. By the time you get the hole cleaned up it ends up too big for the fan. Hopefully you tried your mod on a cheap case (like I did).

Shees, talk about thread crapping. It doesnt look to me like he has that bad of typing skillz, I see much worse from you guys just trying to be funny with your slang terms. Anyways, one piece of advice to you "Brundle Fly", use a dremel next time with a cutting wheel. It is much cleaner and doesnt stretch the metal. I too tried using a jigsaw on my first case mod and it turned out very rough looking. By the time you get the hole cleaned up it ends up too big for the fan. Hopefully you tried your mod on a cheap case (like I did).

TUK101 said:
Shees, talk about thread crapping. It doesnt look to me like he has that bad of typing skillz, I see much worse from you guys just trying to be funny with your slang terms. Anyways, one piece of advice to you "Brundle Fly", use a dremel next time with a cutting wheel. It is much cleaner and doesnt stretch the metal. I too tried using a jigsaw on my first case mod and it turned out very rough looking. By the time you get the hole cleaned up it ends up too big for the fan. Hopefully you tried your mod on a cheap case (like I did).

...axe-tually, yur right, I have very good typing skills, but seein how this isn't a resume, who cares? Terms/words like "C U l8r" are very common on the net, so I think I'm doing very well... :cool:

...yes, a Dremel would be far better, I put one on my Xmas list. I knew the jigsaw would be rough, so I left bam Bam plenty of room for error. The case itself is 6 years old, so I'm not worried about damaging the goods, and the plexi was free, I got it from work... :)

Brundle Fly said:
...axe-tually, yur right, I have very good typing skills, but seein how this isn't a resume, who cares? Terms/words like "C U l8r" are very common on the net, so I think I'm doing very well... :cool:

"C U l8r" was implemented because it was shorter and quicker to type

however your "axe-tually" is longer and alot harder to interpret

Jezz, who gives a rats butt what kind of typing skills the guy has. I am sure that if it mattered in the least, and here it does not, that it would look like a templete for a resume. Once again, who cares....

Keep the pics coming, some of us actually want to see what ya let the young'en do to your puter :)

who cares about all the flaming.Cool name for your son,and nice case mod. Btw who cares if its ghetto? if people judge you by the way your computer looks i think its time i started contemplationg suicide more often. :D I like the mod,Btw take a match or lighter(torch works best) and quickly wave it accross the plexi glass,it will make it clear again. 120mm fan holes rock :D much better than any 80mm....btw a CD is the size of a 120mm fan hole,along w/ dremel making a whole cutter,works awsome,ill post some pics if i cant get into my main rig,nice mods i did w/ mine

capmuffin said:
who cares about all the flaming.Cool name for your son,and nice case mod. Btw who cares if its ghetto? if people judge you by the way your computer looks i think its time i started contemplationg suicide more often. :D I like the mod,Btw take a match or lighter(torch works best) and quickly wave it accross the plexi glass,it will make it clear again. 120mm fan holes rock :D much better than any 80mm....btw a CD is the size of a 120mm fan hole,along w/ dremel making a whole cutter,works awsome,ill post some pics if i cant get into my main rig,nice mods i did w/ mine

...well DUH!!! So I just dropped a CD on one of my 120's, and like you said, perfect fit. Gonna try the lighter/torch trick on the plexi. We're "SUPPOSED" to have an easy day at work today, so I'll bring home my OLFA and heavy metal snips, and dispose of the left side of my case. Hopefully a few scores with the OLFA, and it'll snap off, if not, Bam has some snip work to do... :D

...I went through our Testor's model paints, figure we're also gonna do a "chrome" job on the fans while we're at it. My wife has some "Armour Etch" for glass etching, anyone know if this would work on plexi? I figure if I put it on, then wash it off real quick, it'll give me a better surface for holding paint on the front of the case, I don't wan't that see-through...

...later people, off to work, installing windows in a mix of rain and snow, I love the winter... :bang head

winter.. lucky you, its summer here in aus 40 degrees is the average temperature, i like chrome :) recently did a spare pc's case in it. BTW whats an OLFA?

...this is an OLFA, http://www.olfa.com/Products.asp?C=8&P=26...

...got the side of the case cut off last night, OLFA didn't do it, had to use the snips. I'll bend a piece of aluminum at work today to cover the sharp egde. Got the fan mount for the bays done and mounted, and the new sidecover, which turned out much better than the front mount...

...I'll try to get some pics Sunday... :)

you truly do have horrible typing skills for a dad, and bad grammar, im 17 and have better of both :p

anyway, im having touble working out whats going on...
C U l8r" was implemented because it was shorter and quicker to type

however your "axe-tually" is longer and alot harder to interpret

You guys do realize that this is an overclocking and modding forum, not an english major forum, don't you? If you have good grammar, great, but it's not a requirement to post at this forum..... Brundle posted this thread to ask for advice and tell everyone what he's up to, not to have all the noobs flame him about bad grammar.

Please.......think before you post.

BTW Brundle, if you have ragged edges from the snips... what worked for me is taking the dremel (you mentioned you're getting one for christmas) and a reinforced cutting wheel (I'd buy the pack of them.... you can go through several of them fairly quick if you're not careful) and cut threough the edges with the cut-off wheel and grind them down with one of the circular grinding stones.

When you're cutting with the dremel, don't push down on the metal... you'll burn through cut-off wheels faster than a dragger goes through a clutch ;) Just let the wheel graze the surface of the metal.... it may take longer but you'll end up spending a lot less on cut-off wheels.

Last edited:
Back