• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU+RAM cold plate and questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What were the original clocks on the card? (seems like you got an amazing OC out of it). Also how much is that TEC raising your loop temps by? Now you need to make one for a 9800pro and watch people line up for them :D.

The stock speeds are 500/300
I think i should be able to get more, sounds like saffire cards are getting close to those speeds on air:eek: or at l east thats what I have been told by one individual,

If I can get ahold of a 9800 pro, exact same card or same exact layout as most people have I could possibly do this.
I was thinking about the x800s because those are identical all around from what I have seen.

Jon

Well if you were to make some of these for a 9800pro/x800 pro I would be one of the first people to sign up :D.

How is the extra weight on the card? Would it need a support bracket?

The one I have on my video card is aluminum and the weight isnt too bad, Im guessing the weight shouldnt be too bad for a copper one as I have seen some rather massive watercooling setups for video cards.

Jon

Wow, nice Jfettig. Mad props... I wouldn't have seen this thread if it weren't for the classifieds post. Figured I would give this a bump though as great work like this can't ever get enough attention.

I think I just realized why I never got it any faster, I only have a 350w power supply powering a whole computer, barton [email protected], NF7, 2 hard drives and other random stuff.

Jon

felinusz said:
JFettig, the 6800s have an issue with low temperatures IIRC, they throttle or something, and don't work properly when they are run too cold :-/.

So, peltiers on 6800s don't work too well :(

It shouldn't need an insulated AGP slot.

Although you will need more insulation than your typical peltiered card, because of the RAM, it shouldn't be too much worse.

So I suppose that -40 chilled water on a NV-68 and 6800GT are a no-no as that is what I am going to have lol...there must be a throttling work around for it that can be done like disable the throttling...I will look into it, I will have to I guess...because I will have a water chiller in my whole system lol so I also need to find a work around on that for the Winchester unless the DFI boards fix that…(or Nforce 4)

JFettig - those are some pretty good results, I think that the block can be called a success :)

Any plans for some copper blocks? If you make them for a popular video card, they'll fly off the shelves! ;)

So I suppose that -40 chilled water on a NV-68 and 6800GT are a no-no as that is what I am going to have lol...there must be a throttling work around for it that can be done like disable the throttling...I will look into it, I will have to I guess...because I will have a water chiller in my whole system lol so I also need to find a work around on that for the Winchester unless the DFI boards fix that…(or Nforce 4)

I do not know specifics, but I was recently put under the impression that the issue has somehow been solved (BIOS hacks, probably).

I would ask around here in the nVidia forums, some nVidia guru will surely know :)

The problem is that I dont think they will fly off the shelves quite so quickly as you might think, Also, I dont have the more popular cards nor can afford them as It would be hard to get out what I paid for them. My mill is also quite small, I dont think I have enough travel for the larger ones.

Jon

Srry, for the semi thread jack JFettig... But felinusz I have asked around and no one can really give me an answer not even at XS forums...I am on a quest to try to find a hard mod...I have a thread on it here... http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=364712 Also maybe we should start or try to come up with a sticky on the 6800's xxx throttling under cold issue and find out if it is a problem on other cards and if it is try to find work around for it... sound like an idea JFettig and felinusz?

Back