• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what stepping is this 3.0C northwood?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kelly Keyboard

Registered
it says this on the heatspreader on the CPU:

Intel(M)(C) '01
Pentium(R) 4
3GHZ/512/800
SL6WK MALAY
Q429A352

.....T429A876

*NOTE: THE full stops represent spaces

also what is the stock voltage for a 3ghz northwood

so liek is it this "E0 or D0" or wahever stepping ive been reading about

what can i expect of an OC oputta this CPU (provided i have the right ram, PSU, cooling etc.)??

Kelly Keyboard said:

what can i expect of an OC oputta this CPU (provided i have the right ram, PSU, cooling etc.)??

There is alot of people on this forum with that same stepping,,, you might want to do a search and see others results.

I have the same stepping..see sig for results. Post some of details of your hardware..might help some people in giving you advice

Kelly Keyboard said:

your 3.0c SL6WK is a D1 stepping. E0 and D0 steppings are for prescotts. you have a northwood cpu. i had a SL6WK and it did 3.75ghz with 1.65v. should be a decent chip for you.

SL6WK is the s-spec code. If you look it up on the Intel website s-spec finder chart you will see it's a D1 stepping like Max said. Also, if you run CPU-Z on your system that will tell you too. Default vcore is probably 1.525v.

Last edited:
Back