• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FarCry help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerXLT8

I'm at the dam, were you re dropped out of the hellicopter with the M4 and 10 bullets. What do I do???????? I have to be missing something because there are about 20 trigens and I only have 10 bullets. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't bother killing any trigen. Jump off the waterfall and make your way down the river. When Jack talks about "getting out" cut right and follow the path up the hill and angle left toward the downed helicopter. Save some stamina for a sprint. Once there you'll know what to do.

Alternatively, wait in the pool at the bottom of the falls and throw rocks to attract the trigen who can't swim. Once they drown you have an easier trip.

Yeah, it's alot of fun toying with the trigen. They are pretty stupid and drown easily.

Mustanley said:
Yeah, it's alot of fun toying with the trigen. They are pretty stupid and drown easily.

Hehehe, yep.

I was stuck here for a bit. After killing the first trigen i had to look at the view, which is gorgeous by the way. :)

Just leg it through the forest, get to the downed Heli, kill all the trigen towards to gate, then get on the other minigun and kill the one's that have followed you.

Mustanley said:

I finaly beat this part. I got on the minigun facing the gate n let loose on about 4-5 of the big a$$ trigen and the ones with the cannons. then I got rushed by the ones that were chasing me and like two more from the gate so I swam out into the middle of the lagoon and a few of them drown trying to gt me. Thyen I swam to the shore, climbed up the hill and ran to the gate and destroyed two last trigen that didn't drown.

This game is the BEST FPS I've ever played, I haven't had a chance to get into HL2 yet even though I had it preinstalled. I hope they come out with some kind of Far Cry 2 or an addon pack.

Now I'm stuck on the part where you enter the compound on the volcano and your in the lobby and abbout 15 commandos all decked out in body armor rush you.

I agree that FC is the best FPS yet (have not played HL2 yet either)

When you are done there are a few options left.
1. Play through again on realistic difficulty. Its a whole new ballgame.
2. Try some of the community built add-on single player levels.
Outpost22 is the best of these in my opinion.
3. Go online and kill other players with a much improved AI (usually) in multiplayer Far Cry.
4. Go mountain climbing. After you kill all the enemies on a level go back and explore the map. There is surprising detail in parts of the map that you are never meant to see and the scenery from the tops of some of the peaks is worth the climb.
5. Try different tactics against the AI. On Boat level, for example, Steal a patrol boat and bombard the shore before you land, climb the mountains behind the camp at the third tower and snipe every last merc before you stroll into the base and take a jeep up to the tower, and there are at least four or five ways to beat the chopper attack by Crow including use of a hummer and without using rockets at all.

Replayability is awesome due to the way the AI works, and there is always more than one way to beat a level from stealth to Rambo and everything in-between.

RangerXLT8 said:
Now I'm stuck on the part where you enter the compound on the volcano and your in the lobby and abbout 15 commandos all decked out in body armor rush you.

Go prone behind a pillar that's near you and just shoot at the enemies. I used the OICW and aimed for heads. If you don't get headshots on a lot of the enemies then you're pretty much screwed. It took me a few tries, but it's not impossible, just keep trying.

Far Cry was definitely the best FPS ever...until Half Life 2 came out ;) That level was a tough one, I definitely tried about 500 different ways to beat it. :p The only way to do it is to sprint your *** off to the helicopter. I only had to kill 1 or 2 guys at a pile of boxes for ammo or health.

Radical said:
Go prone behind a pillar that's near you and just shoot at the enemies. I used the OICW and aimed for heads. If you don't get headshots on a lot of the enemies then you're pretty much screwed. It took me a few tries, but it's not impossible, just keep trying.

I found that the best way through here is to use the OICW nades and switch to the rocket launcher to get the rocket toting merc in the back of the room. Aim for the floor between pillars and let the splash damage do its thing. Use the lean function from behind a pillar. If you take too long to get the guys in the front, the rockets will get you.

Definatly gotta use the OICW nades and Rocket Laucnher. You need serious firepower for that level.

Yeah, lobbing a couple of grenades helps, but be careful. Don't use all your nades and rockets at this point. You'll need some major fire power very soon (immediately after the next cut scene).

I had pretty good luck against the rushing mercs by hiding behind a column and using the shotgun. Lean out and pop one and hide again. Headshots at close range are deadly with the shotgun. This level is tough.

Batboy, You can pick up all the ammo from the fallen mercs and recoup just about all you used, but it does not matter, all you need in the next part is the shotgun. Three or four shots to Kreiger's groin will fell him in seconds, the other mercs don't matter once you get the boss.

That's the cool thing about Farcry, there are more than one way to skin a cat. I had trouble fighting Kreiger if I let him get up close (as in he kicked my hinny). I had better luck blasting him from a distance with nades and rockets and then ducking behind cover in between.

Well I beat that part by using the pillar as cover n using OIC. I started to aim for their heads after unloading a clip with the OIC on 1 guy and it not killing him. I used the OIC nades. Then I collected all the body armor and moved onto krieger. Busted out the shotty and gave it to his commandos, then whipped out the OIC andn just let krieger have it.

Now the part where you come out of the complex that overlooks the core of the volcano, this could be impossible. I'm playing it on challenging so it's difficult. It's like as soon as I got out the second door the fat boys with the rockets rush me and all the while I'm being sniped from about 3 different positions, not to mention other trigens bombarding me with gun fire and rockets. I LOVE THIS GAME!

What a great game

I just beat Far Cry! This was the best game I've ever played. Can't wait untill Crytek releases something else. Now it's time to play HL2.

Congratulations for beating the game on challenging. Like I said, lots of replayability. Come back to it after you play HL2 and see if it still has something more for you.

fabulouscoops said:
Congratulations for beating the game on challenging. Like I said, lots of replayability. Come back to it after you play HL2 and see if it still has something more for you.

That's what I'm going to do, but this time on realistic because I'm incredibly skilled. HL2 is sweet!

I haven't tried Far Cry on the hardest setting.

Might give it a go. :cool:

I can imagine some bits, that will be seriously tough.

From what I have heard from folks who upgraded after playing through on realistic, the faster your CPU, the better the AI is at realistic setting. With a 2 gig (equiv) processor and a decent vid card, the computer struggles to render environments and also run a sophisicated AI. With a 3+ gig (equiv) CPU the AI comes into its own. (and owns you)

Back