• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Glycol and Water mix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

Ok, I have access to about 65 gallons of Glycol. I want to know if anyone is using a 50/50 mxture of Water and Glycol. Or any % of Glycol at all.
Please post your expersiance's with this or do's and dont's
Thanks.

While I dont have any experience with mixtures over 25/75, I will say the common experience is that anything over 25 will begin to affect temperatures in a more significant way. If you have an extremely diverse environment of metals in your loop, go 25%, but no higher. Running a unified loop of all copper or all Al, anywhere from 5% to 15% is used. That sure is a ton a glycol though, im curious how you got ahold of it? :eh?:

Where I work, we use expensive and fast 4 color printing press's, and the Glycol is used with water in a 200 gallon (100 Gallons of Glycol, 100 Gallons of Water) chiller. Its used to help cool the sheets of paper after running on our printing press's. Which do about 15,000 sheets an hour. (sheet size of 25.5"x 39.25")

Everything in my loop is copper, Heatercore, CPU Block, GPU Block. Spec's of my cooling is in sig.

Back