• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best and most user friendly linux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DaWiper said:
Why havent anyone said Yoper Linux? It works with nvidia cards out of the box. It's one of the fastest distros around that also is easy to install. Installation takes 15-20 mins.

Yes, but it's definately not user-friendly like he wants. I just tried it and thought I would love it, but I absolutely hated it. The installer kind of stinks, but I got past that fine because I have a bit of experience with installing linux. However, the system simply didn't work for me on my Pentium 3 900mhz. Also, it was just as slow as Fedora and Red Hat, but MUCH harder to install :(

All in all, I didn't like Yoper one bit.

Vertical_Zer0 said:
Yes, but it's definately not user-friendly like he wants. I just tried it and thought I would love it, but I absolutely hated it. The installer kind of stinks, but I got past that fine because I have a bit of experience with installing linux. However, the system simply didn't work for me on my Pentium 3 900mhz. Also, it was just as slow as Fedora and Red Hat, but MUCH harder to install :(

All in all, I didn't like Yoper one bit.

Hmmm, I must admit I've not tried Yoper on my main-rig(runs mdk10), but I did try it on a old Athlon1200 with 256MB sdram and a old 3MB/s harddrive... And guess what. It ran KDE faster than mdk10 on my mainrig(sig)...

Why doens't that guy run Yoper 24/7 you might ask....:
-Well, I'm lazy. I hate to change distros. That's because I had my head somewhere else when I made my linux partitions. I have no dedicated "/home/dawiper" partition...
-And I'm lazy!(Did I say that twice? :D)

DaWiper said:
Hmmm, I must admit I've not tried Yoper on my main-rig(runs mdk10), but I did try it on a old Athlon1200 with 256MB sdram and a old 3MB/s harddrive... And guess what. It ran KDE faster than mdk10 on my mainrig(sig)...

*shrug* I don't know why it didn't work out for me. It must hate me :( I'm glad it works for somebody, though!

Back