• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gskill Ram came today!! Results inside!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

Ok, Well I decided to order up some Gskill PC4400(DDR550) 2.5-4-4-8, PC3200 2-2-2-5 1GB Kit in light to have 1GB Ram, and somewhat better performance.
Well my testing of the ram went Great!
Currently at 2.6ghz, on 1.55 vcore with the HTT set to 289, I decided to try out how high I can get this to run at 1:1. Well as of right now, Im running 1:1 on my system with a HTT of 289, and a Memory mhz of 289. With the Timings of 3-4-8-4 1T. So I ran Sandra memory bandwidth, and hit 7519/7457 with a 81% Efficency. This is compaired to 2.6ghz with a divider of 5:6 - which yelded 6523/6459 with 91% efficency.

So I would have to say I am VERY pleased with this ram so far. What ram do you know of that can hit 289fsb with a 1:1 divider?

Screenshot follows
2.6_memory_TCCD.jpg

Yes, Im very happy with it. 289mhz FSB and 289HTT at 1:1 is very nice.
I can do 300HTT at 1:1 with more volts, my board limits at 2.85. I can get it into windows, but it soon crash's

heres a couple tips.. try each stick 1 may be considerably faster than the other.also instead of rebooting and setting bios try setting ur multi etc, then boot up at a normal fsb speed,thenease into upping ur fsb with clockgen...

Ive tried the tighter timings, it doesnt yeld any more performance over what I have now.
Im going to think about a vdimm mod, if I can find someone that can vdimm my board.
Might try a OCZ DDR Booster.

Apex - love the wallpaper, have had many compliments on it.

Great results. I am glad that I could be of service. Hopefully you'll be able to squeeze some more mhz out of that ram. You're not far from 300 HTT 1:1.

deception``

Nope not at all. I just need to check up on things and see if the OCZ DDR booster will work well with this board I have now. Thanks for the tips too!
Im also looking into a 3200+ OEM chip, so I can have a multi of 10x

Damn, where is OC550 when ya need him. Saying 1GB cant go over 300HTT... hell, I can come VERY close to 300HTT at 1:1, I can get 312HTT (2.8ghz) at 5:6 divider, but the bandwidth is lower then if I run at 289HTT (2.6ghz) 1:1

Wow, now that's some good performing RAM... looks like Osirus' good OC fortune continues on ;) Quick question man, was this the 1GBLE or the 1GBLC version of this RAM. I also noticed that there is a 2.5-3-3-7 varient of this RAM, I wonder how well that stuff would fair...

I got the 1GBLC
The differnce with the two items is one has lower timings. And its only $10 difference at excaliburPC.com
I would highly recommend it.
@ Diablo23RD - I will probably try the DDR Booster, but Im going to read up on it first, the Gskill ram doesnt have heatspreaders on it, so I might need to invest in some of those.

Ah crud, I made a mistake. I meant to ask if it was 1GBLC or 1GBLD... not E. But hey, answered my question anyway ;) I saw on newegg that the E's run a tighter stock latency setting, but I wonder what the difference is between the 1GBLC and D. And the E varient is only $20 more on newegg, seems like a pretty good investment there.

I'd love to buy one of those without those ugly leds lol, or at least with blue ones. Any idea where they actually clip onto?

enduro said:
A better upgrade would probably be a fan ontop of your ram. That would cool it more IMO than heatspreaders. You might look into either building one of your own or buying this.

http://www.xoxide.com/supertalent.html
Oh....you mean like my Tornado???!? :D

Stumpjumper5200 said:
Any idea if that will clear the OCZ DDR Booster?
he should be more worried about clearing his HSF :attn:

IMG_1698.jpg

He and I have the same board. The DIMMS are in a configuration where the CPU fan directally cools the RAM in the first 2 slots

Back