• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gskill Ram came today!! Results inside!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just to give you some comparison:

2x512 Corsiar XMS XLPT's @ 245 2.5-3-3-11

Mem245b.JPG

Its pretty close to your numbers at much lower speed and a 5:6 divider. I'm going to continue various combinations and see where I get the best combination at.

CPU:
http://rsjerald.home.mindspring.com/my2.7b.JPG

Osirus where did you order your memory at?

ExcaliburPC is the only place I can find that stocks it and they are out of the ones I want.

I got the Gskill from excaliburPC.

I like running 1:1, it does seem faster as compaired to 5:6 on my 2.7ghz clock.

Daleon, when you say a 5:6 ratio, you're showing that as reversed compared how we usually show our ratios right? 'Cause according to your attatched pic your RAM FSB is 245.5 and your HTT is rated at 300. This may be nit-picky but I just want to make sure we're all straight here for the data's sake.

That's what I was getting at Osirus... just used about an 11:1 ratio of words to do it :p

Oh, yea I guess since I was mainly talking about memory I put it as 5:6 but yea it would be 6:5 ratio.

Really tempted to get the Model F1-3200DSU2-1GBLE, but not sure if I would get that much more out of it vs what I have. May just go on and get the 2 80g Hitachi sata drives and do the raid I've been meaning to do for so long as I'm running out of places to get more speed out of my system.

Well best is to find someone with the ram you want, and run at the same CPU speed, same ram timings and everything, and see what the difference is.

Osirus said:
Well best is to find someone with the ram you want, and run at the same CPU speed, same ram timings and everything, and see what the difference is.

I ran all these numbers on my setup.. Tight timings at 200, medium timings at 250 and loose timings at 285, keeping the CPU frequency as close to the same as possible using various memory dividers.

I noticed MUCH less difference in benchmarks than I expected for the amount of money high end ram costs. I think if you run a whole gambit of benches (super pi, different games benches at 640X480, etc) you will see similar results. 3Dmark01 is the only thing that gave any significant changes.. :rolleyes:

John

/edit - I have a A64 939 3000+@2600 with a K8N neo2.

Back