• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it cC0, or is it cD0...this is the question!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deimos

Hello people!
Very nice forum you have here!

This is my first post, and I'm starting with question :)
Oh, and first of all - excuse my bad english, but I'm from Bulgaria.

So, here is the question:
How can I differentiate a processor which is cC0 steping from one that is cD0? I'm interested more particular in Celeron 800.
I found this table from Intel :
http://support.intel.com/support/processors/sspec/icp.htm

So, if I bealive it, the stepings can be differentiated from the S-spec number. For example, if I have Celeron 800 with S-spec number SL5EB, that means, that it is cD0 steping. But I'm not sure if this is true. And if it's true, is it always true?

So, can anybody tell me - am I right in my thoughts, or am I wrong?

10x in advance.

Last edited:
Hi, deimos

Yes your belief is indeed correct! S-Specs in the Intel site are what you should look for when you want to find out what stepping the chip is. And your English is very good I think! better than me!! :eek: :p :)

The quickest method of differentiating them is to check what voltage the chip runs at, cDO's are 1.75v cCO's 1.7v

Thank you people!
I really needed that info.
The problem here in Bulgaria is that cD0 is very hard to find (if I bealive the others opinions). But I found a firm that sales cel 800 whit s-spec SL5EB, and I thought it could be what I'm looking for.
But now I'm sure it is :)

OK, going shoping! :D
If you want I can post thease days, about how far it goes. My target is 133 fsb, but we'll see.

Greetings!

Back