• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No more PSU Wire managment

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

Well thanx to a Maximum PC book and the great guys at Ultra Computer Products you never need to sleeve your PSU!!!! and its not one of these PSU's that are just normal bad wiring with some heatshrink, these PSU's have "Plug In Connectors"

I have heard that the rails are very stable and i even got a glimps inside one they may not be as good as a Turbo cool but they are a great solid and stable PSU with the best wire configeration i have ever seen.

If i get a new PSU i really dont know what to buy the X conect or the Turbo Cool.

The only thing i dont like about the X conect is tis 80mm fan on the bottem (why not put a 120 or 92mm in there??)

Link:
400W black
http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_info.php?products_id=169

500W Green
http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_info.php?products_id=247

these arent new, frozenCPU has had them for about 4-5 months or so - i was going to grab 2 when idid my system - but they went out of stock that day.

a few other companies have mode those same types aswelll.

A company called Ultra, but they offer $50 USD for your old Antec PSU, they guarantee you'll like this one so much better than almost anything out there. A saw a review, and it said the rails were more solid that the PC Power and Cooling PSU they had in the lab. It's supposed to be one of the best on the market. I've got one on the way.

I think Vio1's project silver used it, check it out.

Absolute Zero said:
A saw a review, and it said the rails were more solid that the PC Power and Cooling PSU they had in the lab.

I would really like to see that review as I doubt they are "that" good. Aesthetically they can't be beat and if they had a level of performance similar to a PCP&C 510 Deluxe I would get one. As a matter of fact I want one just haven't found a review by a site that is willing to push the PSU to its limits and give it a very through testing. Something similar to the test performed on the OCZ PSU’s at Extremesystems.org.

Again, I would like to see the review you reference?

The review was written by someone in my dorm here at NC State, and believe me, he stressed it really bad. I can't remember what the site was that he wrote it for, I'll get back to you. I know initially the rails were more solid, but over time with the stress the PC Power and Cooling PSU passed it, but I can't be sure.

As for the offer for your Antec PSU, here it is

antec makes one similar. i would take the antec over the ultra

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=24480

did the guy in your dorm take it apart to see the insides?

edit: WOAH! you're trying to decide between an ultra and PC power and cooling?

thats no contest. talk to some of the electrical people in the cases and powersupplies section, there is just no comparison between those 2 brands.

First off, I'm going to speak a little blasphemy, but...

This is the only forum I've been to that obsesses over the power supply. The people who set records at xtremesystems.org use the generic 350w PSU that comes with the case with a simple mod on the +3.3v line. High powered PSU's, from what I've seen there, are best for a large number of devices, especially HDD's. When I went from my 350w PSU that came with my HP I had eons ago to an Antec 480w, there was a stabilization in the rails, but my overclock didn't increase. I now can expand my pc to include more devices, but my overclock will remain the same. I could have bought a series of caps and gotten the same effect.

[prepares to be flamed]

Back