• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mafia 2 - Info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LogRus

This might be old news, but it haven't been talked about around here and its dated as of September this year (2004). Recently I've found an Interview of TVG with Illusion Softoworks developers who dropped a very tiny light on Mafia's sequel.

LINK: http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages/articles/index.php?article_id=6722

TVG said:
TVG: You are very much into the ‘action’ genre. Firstly, do you intend to stick within this area and can we expect to see further additions in the Hidden and Dangerous and possibly Mafia branding?

PV: Yes, we will do only action games in the future, but with all touches of strategy, tactics, adventure, and simulation. And yes, great games deserve sequels and we are working on something.

TVG: Illusionsoftworks, it appears, is very PC focused. What are your current thoughts on the PC market and do you see the console market as being the focus to work within, especially the XBOX?

PV: Both Mafia and Vietcong were released on PS2 and Xbox too, but the design was really very much PC focused. Our plan is to focus on consoles more in the future.

=====

TVG: Could you tell us briefly what games are currently in development at your 5 studios?

PV: Yes, the next Vietcong game is well into production, something with Mafia (I can’t tell what), and one game for the new publisher (will be announced within a few months) and 2 unsigned games. All more or less action genres, but exceptional quality and very strong story lines!

Also found this:

Hitman 38182288 on Mafia World said:
I actually got tired of the rumors and called the Gathering Company to ask them about Mafia 2 and according to the public relations guy, he wasn't sure about the progress or if it was going to come out at all but IF it did, it wouls be sometime in 2005. He told me to call him back in December and he would have more details on it.

Here's the link (POST #4): http://www.forumplanet.com/3DActionPlanet/mafia/topic.asp?fid=4487&tid=1510011

I just hope they'll release it asap. Original mafia was great and I want to see some more of it :).

mafia was such an underdog, i used to always see it on store shelves and think it was crap and then i eventually played it and it was great

Stumpjumper5200 said:
Ditto, a very good game. If it's as good as the first, I would LOVE to see a second!

I think it'll be good. All games from Illusion Softoworks are kinda unique in a way. So Mafia 2 MUST be good, or else... I'll take that tommy and drive around their base :D

Mafia has to be one of my all time favorite games. It was playing that game for 3+ hours that I realized I need real cooling on my ti4400 :D.

I just hope they have a san andreas feature which lets you skip the long driving to location parts...

i liked how the game was more of a sim than anything....i read that the console version was much more arcadish where the driving sequences had "skip" options and cars felt much faster and took corners better....if you ask me the PC version was a hundred times better...that game was great.

austinbmxnig said:
i liked how the game was more of a sim than anything....i read that the console version was much more arcadish where the driving sequences had "skip" options and cars felt much faster and took corners better....if you ask me the PC version was a hundred times better...that game was great.

Yeah, those old cars aren't going to enjoy 60+mph and turning at the same time. :D I always likes the driver's side door camera, and watching the wheel travel up and down in relation to the body, over bumps, on the weight transfer from cornering/braking.....nice detail.

--------->>> For more eYes to see <<<----------

And doesn't anybody else have some news about Mafia 2? I'd love to see at least 1 screenie, maybe they'll update the graphic engine and such. :p

Mafia was such a sweet game. I used to play it every day for hours. The only problem was that I could never get the voices to work right (They were always high pitched and sped up.) Either way, really good game, I might have to pick up the second one to get away from WoW.

Back