• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st case mod, any pointers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Random Nonsense

I'm the proud owner of a YY server cube. buuuut because im gonna be using water cooling and 2 PSU's im gonna have probs getting cold air to the radiator.... will it make a big difference if i duct the air that the goes through the radiator straight out of the case? or should i cut down on complications and just let the warm air into the case but suck it out really fast with a load of fans?

the pump is on the mobo side of the case, the radiator, and reservoir are in the drives/PSU side. i plan to use a DD cooling cube for the radiator.

If you want more details just ask, but i think thats all the relevant info.

If you duct it properly, you could pull air from under the case and exhaust it straight out the side. This way you get the coolest air possible going into the radiator.

i hadnt thought of that! thanks, i have come up with another possibility, instead of a single watercooled CPU i might be going dual air cooled! still gonna mean hacking holes in the case tho.

Back