• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murdok5

i ordered ram sinks (plannign on volt modding board to up vdimm to about 3.2+) and i have BH-5 chips (corsair xms3200ll) and they have heat spreaders on them.....heres my question...

should i put the ram sinks on the heatspreader? or take it off and put it on the ram directly?

Mike

It would be most effective if you take the heatspreaders off and AS Epoxy the sinks on, and put a fan over the RAM.

cetoole said:
It would be most effective if you take the heatspreaders off and AS Epoxy the sinks on, and put a fan over the RAM.

what he said.

Just remember, it will void you warranty to remove the heatspreaders, if you care about that (I am guessing you don't because of the vmods)

it's kind of like virginity, once you used the hardware the way it's begging to be used, it's not there anymore :eek:

Back