• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Headphones, help me choose

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNewGuy143

Hi, I currently have plantronics90 and im looking to upgrade to something better. I will use the headphones to play games (FPS). I was hesitating between the sennheiser hd497 and the pc150. I know the hd497 will give me better sound but i like the fact that the pc150 has a mic. I attend to lans a couple times a year so closed headphones arent a bad idea if you want to show me something else. BTW i'm in canada and i prefer to buy in a canadian store to get away from possible duty fees.

The 497's are great in terms of sound quality. I dunno how the PC150's compare the 497's. I would imagine the 497's will sound better but they have no mic as you stated. Do you mind using a desktop mic? If you can get by with the desk top mic I think you would have a much bigger selection of headphones to choose from.

The HD-212 Pro's are on the same frame as the 497's but are a closed design. They sound decent but they have a pretty heavy in the bass region which you will probably either love or hate :D. For games I always loved the sound of my 212 pros cause they had that extra boom for frags and such. I would try and find a audio store that would let you listen to them and then go from there. You can check out some reveiws and test data on the 212 pros and 497's here.

http://headroom.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=3&subTopicID=26

Ryan

Back