Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroAPBT
    Nitro - I race Nitro Powered RC cars. 1:10 235mm clas mostly (FAST)
    50 mph out of the box... And then theres Traxxas with their nitro 4tec.....

This name came out of staring at a Starcraft form 2 years ago. For some reason, I needed to use 'blingbling' in it (dunno why). But of course, 'bling bling' isnt the best name. And I just so happened to have some papers on my desk about fish (used to be fish-y), and a Neon Tetra was on the top. kaPOW.

The other name I more commonly go by (I tried signing up as it here... It didnt like me then...) is wanabedriver. I had to make up an email address because my math teacher was technology savvy, and I didnt have one back then. I spent the whole period thinking and thinking, but couldnt come up with anything. So finally, I figured I just REALLY wanted to drive (in 8th grade), so I quickly typed it out, and being just so fabulouse at speeling, 'wannabe' came out as 'wanabe'.

......and for some reason, some people online ask about my name "what does 'wan a bed river' mean?"
    [HEAT] - Sony SZ650 /// T7500 /// 3 GB ram /// 8400M GS /// OCZ Vertex 2 60GB ded :(

Registered
    Well my name is Dennis, and I own an STi.

Pretty simple.

Well Leviathan is a monstrous sea creature mentioned in the book of Job (and a few other places) in the Bible, and that's the screen name I use everywhere, "Leviathan" was take so I added 41 (which was my high school basketball and baseball number).

I do lots of off road traveling. My H2 is the most comfortable 4x4 I've ever owned. So there is my sign on name, pretty simple and easy to type.
    Abit IP35 Pro XE, Q9450 Yorkfield 463x8=3712Mhz
    CPU-V 1.41V 69C Load Prime95 Stable
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme. Vista 64bit
    Overclocking help thanks to Cuda340
    4x2Gig G.Skill DDR 1066 5-5-5-15 (2.1v) Mem 463mhz
    EVGA KO 8800GT 512meg
    PC Power & Cooling 750
    Hanns-G 28" 1920x1200
    Sony HS94P Viewsonic A95F

Super Moderator
    audio=sound reproduction systems (high-end)
    aficionado=only want to build or buy the very finest equipment
    .....................................My HeatwareMyFAH Stats
    .......................Folding is a marathon, not a sprint © audioaficionado
    Asus Commando, 8GB GSkill 5-5-5-15-2t PC6400, Q6600 @3.0GHz >SMP2+GPU3 FAH 24/7
    Gigabyte DS3, 3GB GSkill 5-5-5-15-2t PC6400, E6400 @3.0GHz
    Asus P5Q PRO Turbo, 4GB GSkill 5-5-5-15-2t PC6400, E6600 @3.0GHz
    Iwill DH800, 2GB OCZ4002048PFDC-K 2.5-3-3-8-1t, Dual 2.4 M0 Xeons 1.5v/880/3300
    Help improve overclockers.com! Get involved!

You have over 101 signatures and Can't see the classifieds???Click This Link
    Anyone we catch cookie stuffing at this site will be banned on the spot!!

CCW, my initials. Im very uninventive.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by neonblingbling
    50 mph out of the box... And then theres Traxxas with their nitro 4tec.....
    mmmm, not quite. Out of the box they're just a pile of parts. I don't have the "Ready To Run" types. 235mm class is just a hair slower than the 8th scale onroad cars. My 1:10 scale 235mm cars are Serpent Impacts. I run RB Concepts .15 turbo engines in them. The engine alone costs twice what a traxxas nitro 4-tec does.

I AVERAGE over 50 MPH on a fairly tight road course.

Senior Headphone Guru
    “Tollhouse”. It was earned in networking class at West Virginia Junior College during a question and answer session. I had given the correct answer every time and a fellow student said “Give him a cookie, in fact, make it a Tollhouse!” The name stuck

it's basically an expression of my opinion on religion...

seven considered a lucky number, demons and hell considered bad, blah blah blah.

then none of it really holds any validity in the real world. it's all stories and myths and tall tales.

it's a bit abstract in thought, but it makes sense to me.
    Last edited by sevendevilhell; 12-20-04 at 02:06 PM.

Chief folding_monkey the garynator's Avatar
    the garynator = kinda like the terminator... came up in a chat room i frequent... i was getting crap for my 3 year old nick so this chick and i decided to think of a new one... it started out as the garinator, but it was too easily confuzzed with garrrrr so i decided the garynator would work the best...not to special...
    folding_monkeys needs you!!!!
    Join the folding_monkeys folding@home subteam.

Lian Li V2000b; Promise EX8350 Raid controller; 120GB G.Skill SSD; 9x 320gb (2x RAID 0 ext); 150gb Raptor; 500gb; 3x 1tb; 4x 2tb; PCP&C 610w and 750w; MSI 280GTX; Asus Rampage Formula; Q6600 @ 3.2ghz; 8gb GSkill DDR800; Liteon DVDRW; 32" 1080p LG; 22" Dell widescreen

Black Belt Ubercloxx0r

My Heat

mmmm, not quite. Out of the box they're just a pile of parts. I don't have the "Ready To Run" types. 235mm class is just a hair slower than the 8th scale onroad cars. My 1:10 scale 235mm cars are Serpent Impacts. I run RB Concepts .15 turbo engines in them. The engine alone costs twice what a traxxas nitro 4-tec does.

stadium trucks for me. heavily modded traxxas nitro rustler, pretty much all titanium (shocks, shock towers, u-joints, bearings, diff gears, etc.) with a straight black body. it looks sweet

.15 engine, running 25% nitro. it can hit almost 50 on straights, which i think is pretty damn good for a stadium truck.

I use a coordinate measuring machine for work called a vento & i was the first person to use it
    OVERCLOCKERS.COM THE ONLY TEAM TO CRUNCH SETI FOR
    Main rig
    CPU QX9770 @ 4.0
    MotherboardFoxconn Blackops
    Memory 2gig Diablo
    HD 450gig Raid 10
    Graphics EVGA 9800 GX2
    Cooling
    Water
    Benching rig
    Anything i havent broken yet.

Well it very self explanitory........And yes I am an only child!!!!

Ah, a REAL R/C car... Sooner or later, you're gonna be finding them at like Toys R Us.... -_-;;
    [HEAT] - Sony SZ650 /// T7500 /// 3 GB ram /// 8400M GS /// OCZ Vertex 2 60GB ded :(

DreNader
    First name: Andre Last name: Nader same 5 letters.. think about it.
    "Death gotta be easy, 'cause life is hard It'll leave you physically, mentally, and emotionally scarred"
    -50 Cent

Mine is a little triky to figure out...

Matt, a strange abriviation to my first name, Matthew, and very close to what everyone calls me, matt.

theniceguy, well, i guess it implies that I am a guy, and also fairly nice.

I came up with the name 4 or 5 years ago when I was creating an account for United Devices cancer research. I wrote down "matt", and then since I was donating my spare power and processing time to cancer research, I wrote "theniceguy".

I have used the name Consumer***** for gaming and other online things previously. It was partially from Don Hertzfeldt's "Rejected", and partially an inside joke with people who know me. I am quite the opposite of a consumer ***** and will almost always do something myself rather than spending any money. I thought matttheniceguy was a friendlier name to use on the forum, so I went with that.

Edit - Hmm... good thing I didn't go with Consumer Horror by a different spelling.. it seems to be a blocked word...

My name.
    Folding@Home Team32

my nickname and handle is renegade, rebelwarlock is a spinoff when renegade is taken

Renegade:
    One who rejects a religion, cause, allegiance, or group for another; a deserter.
    An outlaw; a rebel.

both of those hold true for me.

Rebel(n.):
    One who rebels or is in rebellion
    Rebel(v.):
    To refuse allegiance to and oppose by force an established government or ruling authority.
    To resist or defy an authority or a generally accepted convention.

all true.

Warlock:
    A male witch, sorcerer, wizard, or demon

i'm half goth/half geek.

hope that's at least slightly amusing/interesting. needless to say, i get in trouble a lot.
    Innocent and pure hearted evil

The following people don't suck:
    Kendan, nerdlogic, >HyperlogiK<, Flip-Mode, k3nshin, Frodo Baggins, NewbiePerson, 9mmCensor, Malpine Walis, Rumrunner, DuckDodgers, Silver, Zulu-1

mines is from a very old (1970's) Martial Art's movie called Snake In The Eagle's Shadow.........MISTA TING!!! was the evil guy fighting against jackie chan using the snake claw technique

Q6600 G0 @ 3.4GHz @ 1.356v
    Asus P45 P5Q-Pro 1406 BIOS
    G-SKILL 4GB DDR2 @ 5-5-5-15 @ 756MHz
    HIS HD 4850 512MB @ 700MHz / 1200MHz
    1.28TB (2 x WD AALS 640GB) Hard Drives
    Corsair CMPSU-520HX 520W
    Antec 300 Black ATX Case

Well, after using nigeljedi for years and years (yes, I'm a huge Star Wars fan), I wanted something new. I just have an odd sense of humor, and I was thinking how funny it was when people mangle the English language and generally make goofballs of themselves; you know, when people say "Wal-Marts" or "high-fa-lutent" (for affluential)...one of my favorites, and I do this myself sometimes, was "samwich" or "sammich" instead of "sandwich".

So, in a self-absorbed kind of way, "hamsammich" seemed both funny and, well, funny. I guess that's it.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast