• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help finding a bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

i have an older nf7 v2.0 with black slots and a metal cpu socket arm. i did the l12 mod with a piece of wire, i have hs on my mosfets and southbridge.

im trying to find a bios that will help me overclock my 2x512 of buffalo pc3200 with ch-5 chips. i heard there is a bios that will help these chips respond to voltage?

anyways , i've read a lot of the sticky and went to the link for the bios for winbond ch-5 and they're only two , so im wondering if anyone knows where i can find the bios that will maximize my oc .

thanks,
drew

Those 2 bioses are the ones that work best for CH-5. They are the ones that should maximize your overclock.

Other than that, I have been using D26 Mantarays XT and really like it, although I can't say much as far as performance since my ram seems to be unstable at 205 fsb.

modbios3 (cpc off using dfi 3.19-bpl) (trats + triest)
dfi-infiinity-1/31&4/29-cpc (using dfi 3.19-bpl for cpc off) (trats)
k2r6i-edcr5-cpc (using dfi 3.19-bpl for cpc off) (trats)

those will all allow your 2x512 ch-5 to respond and scale better to voltage. they will also allow your ch5 to take better to tRCD of 2.

manta rays xt-cpc (tictac) works well for 2x512 BH5. have not tested it with 2x512 ch5. dfi 3.19 bpl isnt used for cpc off in this bios, so I don't feel your ch5 will benefit. try it out anyways, your ram may very well benefit.

use slots 2&3 and variate them within these slots while testing.

good luck.

also , i've seen ppl recommend the d10 bios's for older boards, but maybe that was just for sata corruption on the "s" version.

Back