• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800pro/flashed XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Radius

Hey! my friend flashed my Gecube 9800Pro 128mb card to an XT card today ..and i dont know why i dont see my override and Temp?!?! i just heard rumors about Gecube 9800Xt flash used to have Override and temp unlocked..but i havnt find it..and the gecube 9800xt flash only use 398/351 and other flashes use 412/365 and i use the original HS and it´s pretty cooled so i dont really know if i would use any other XT flashes like Sapphire cuz i use the Hynix memory..well if you guys know the best flash to an Gecube 9800pro 128mb than tell me ..

3Dmark03 9800pro -> 5690
3Dmark03 9800XT "gecube XT flash" -> 6185

3Dmark05 9800Pro ->2500
3Dmark05 9800XT "gecube XT flash" -> 2622

and this flash works Prefectly...No Overheating and no Artifacts at all so gecubes XT flash is nice ...with stock cooling and works nice but i wanna have override and Temp monitor..but cant find it :( so tell me the best XT flash that works with Hynix memory moduls and 128mb DDR

Attachments

• namnlös.JPG
    namnlös.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 179
What core do you have on your card? For example I have a R350 core on my BBA and just flashed it to XT last weekend. I got a score boost and I'm at 411/368 but I don't have the temp probe or Overdrive. Are you positive that every Gecube 9800 Pro had these features on it? I was lead to believe that only R360 core cards have the features that you mentioned because ATI began making pro's and xt's on the same pcb.

well i dont know cuz i havnt removed my HS yet..but i think it is a 360 core because i bought the card a month ago...so it´s pretty new...i think it is the gecube XT flash cuz other XT uses 412/365 and the gecube XT flash only use 395/351 :S but the rumors says that the flash will unlock the Overdrive and Temp..but im not sure about that .. well the flesh works fine.

Doesnt matter when you bought the card, you have to check the actual core. You may happen to have an R360 core, but it could be on a pro pcb. That could be why you do not have the temp reading, since the sensor is not there. You have to remember that you stil have a 9800pro, not an XT...

You have a 128 MB card so it will never be a true XT. In all likelyhood, you do not have an XT pcb (printed circuit board) and are in the same boat as enduro and me with a 128 MB 350 core card. No overdrive and no temp monitoring but still a nice speed boost over the pro BIOS.

Ok, now i use Sapphire 9800xt hynix bios flash and 411/365. I use the stock cooler.

My card is still cold and i gained 190 more points in 3dmarks '03 (6375)

Senater_Cache said:
just for the record and clarification to people who clicked the link...the Silencer 3 will only fit XT-PCB, which is what you need to measure temps.

Not to be confused with an Artic Cooling VGA Silencer Rev 3 which fits the 9800 pro.

Check out this guide for flashing and it answers most of your question. Only cards with XT PCB can read the temp and overdrive feature i think ( I wish my card had that)
ABout the core u can use ATI tool and dump the original bio and open it with notepad then some where in there (second or third line, it will say what core you have). However, the bestway is to take out the HS and look at it :). Good luck.

Opps, forgot the link: http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=92&var2=0

well i did have a XT PBC Weiii i looked at the original.Bin file i have

R360 Hynix DDR 113-A07537-103 BIOS
(C) 1988-2003, ATI Technologies Inc. BK-ATI VER008.017D.027.000 nhrq6356.p03 v611 R360AGP DGD1UN but still cant see any Temp monitor or Overdrive :(

Last edited:
i use a better cooler now a Zalman ZM8DHP with ramsinks and the 80mm Zalmanfan it works really good! and yes i had an R360 core. and flashed the card with the Sapphire Bios and gained from Gecubes 6175 scores up to 6402 with sapphire in 3Dmark03. works good but im still looking for better XT Bioses..i can come up to 515/402 without any artifacts but not pretty cold :p so i'm at 412/365 but im still searching for a better BIOS that works alittle bit more stable and better. well i cant blaim on the XT flash i use now...works really stable and nice but wanna gain some more or just use the best XT BIOS for the 128mb Hynix Card.

Back