• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old cpu new videocard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Earp

Registered
Got an Abit KT7-Raid = T-bird1000/ Gainward Ti4200 and only sdram memoy is there any point at all to spend more mony on a new videocard or do I have to run for just a brand new system..... :drool:

Most of the new videocards have a faster processor than your CPU if you're using a 1ghz....it doesn't get much more imbalanced than that.

You can get the same video card, processor, MoBo, and memory thats in my sig for about $700. Just port your hard drives over and be done with it.

Yea start with getting a new cpu/mem/mobo. Keep youre ti4200, then when you have morem oney buy a new video card. Getting a new video card with what you will more then bottleneck the thing, like said above they have video cards where the memory is faster then the cpu in ur system.

Thank u all - I think I got the message. No more savings around here I'll upgrade as son as possible. Let's see what Santa Claus are up to.......:santa2:

By the way I fotgott to tell I've just order a brand new Joystick from Saitec X-52 at lest that's something to own...or?

http://www.gamingheadlines.co.uk/view.asp?id=689

Last edited:
Earp said:
Thank u all - I think I got the message. No more savings around here I'll upgrade as son as possible. Let's see what Santa Claus are up to.......:santa2:

By the way I fotgott to tell I've just order a brand new Joystick from Saitec X-52 at lest that's something to own...or?

http://www.gamingheadlines.co.uk/view.asp?id=689

You should upgrade, but not at the present moment. If your looking toward AMD/Athlon 64, know that there alternatives on the horizon that will better suit someone such as yourself. In other words, if you don't upgrade often, it is imperative that you purchase the most upgradable system possible. If Intel is your fancy then you can upgrade now, unless you're looking into EMT64 (Intel's version of x86-64). Otherwise, just sit tight and save up the bulk of your funds for just a couple more months. Given the fact that you'd had your current system for so long, I don't think you'll mind too much. :-/

deception``

Back