Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    If you do anything, please don't do anything that would get yo into trouble ie: attempted murder/murder; try to take the legal route. Even though you have such rage that wants to get out and harm someone, think about your future. Although the things you want to do may feel "good" for a moment, you will, in the end, pain yourself far more than the initial "good" feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by mtb856
    If she left messages on his phone, wouldn't that be more than word of mouth? I'm not sure if cell phone messages could be used in court, but it would be simple to verify that the phone number was her's..... and if she explicitly said that she had been raped by her ex, that might be enough. I'm not a lawyer by any means, but if I was Cerberus I'd try anything and everything before I gave up....especially given how close they were.
    True. That may be enough information to begin a case. But then it would have to be information on the latest, last rape incident, as evidence of the previous two would have been long erased. This is all pending if there are actual messages that had been saved.

If this is an option, you may consider bringing the information forward on your own, or to the girl'd parents.

A second thing I was wondering is, Did the parents know about said rapes? Or did the girl leave them in the dark about it? If she was pre age 18, the parent would have had the right to take said rapist to court on information they gleened from their daughter. Since she was under 18, the parents are still held responsible for her actions, and could on faith begin an investigation.

But anyway... If you have information stored on one of your answering machines or cell phones, I would bring the information forward to both the girl's family and the police themselves. Internet conversation would be considered null and void as the typist on the other end may not be the actual person behind the name. Phone messages however would be a good start.

Good look on that MTB. I hadnt thought about phone messages.

Just Freeze It
    If it was me, and I knew the dudes name, his head would roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendan
    And what should she have learned? It disgusts me how you are trying to put the blame on her and not the person that raped her.
    I am not saying I am blaming her. But what I want to know is how she was able to be raped two other times. Walking down the wrong street.....wrong guy again.....etc. Unless we know more about her personality and how she dressed, there could have been other factors into why she was raped.

Cerebus will you be attending the funeral?
    "When the rich wage war it's the poor who die." - LP

i'm sorry for the loss. its really hard to lose someone you love. and the way you talked about her, you honestly love her with all your heart. Its sad that we had to lose such a beautiful face in this world. someone who had so much potential.

i agree with your feelings on this. if there were less sicko's in this world, things would be alot better.

i have a friend that is suicidal. I love her more than anything. and she has hurt me twice in the past ( emotional ) but i can't stop feeling the way i do for her. at times, i'm the only person keeping her going, because how good of a friend i am.

But don't blame yourself for this. its unfortunate you couldn't have been on the computer, or your cell phone's power pack died on you. you can't be everywhere doing everything at once. you couldn't have been watching her 24/7. putting the blame on yourself will only cause more sadness, and more depression. i know its hard to do this, but you should try.
    Because, if you never smile again afte this, then it would be as if we just lost 2 lives on this earth, instead of only one. ( and i understand you feel as if you also just died )

So even though it will be really hard, try to keep a smile on your face. for her. she wouldn't want you walking around, being depressed over her all day long. she enjoyed seeing you smile, and being happy. She loved how you was so open. she wouldn't want you to close yourself off from the world.

i hope you will cheer up soon, will be nice to know your are smiling once again.

if you ever need to talk about anything, just PM me, or IM Via AIM. i'm almost always online, unless i'm playing a game.
    AMD X6 1055T @3.8Ghz
    GIGABYTE 890FX-A UD5
    6 Gigs of G Skill DDR3 1600 RAM
    EVGA GTX 460
    HAF 932 Tower

"Talking about how fast you beat a game is like talking about how fast you are in bed."
    Do you like Anime? Then join the OCF anime club! OCF Anime Club Click here, and click JOIN!

wow.................i need to go hug my girlfriend.............i hope i never have to deal with that.......i don't think i could handle it....................

i hate people.......i really do

Well I have her messages still as well as her BFs name. I can't remember where she was at the time. Her parents live in CO I believe. If anything i'll give my phone up to an attourney so they can record the messages. And than you all for your support/PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Furguson
    My questions is what caused her to get raped 3 times. After the first she should have learned.
    She did learn. After the first time she got into kick boxing classes, and before I left for cali, she was still doing them so she has about 3 years of that under her belt. But you rarely choose what happens to you in those situations.

Member of OCdriftingNinjas | You gotta' Fold if you wanna turn up the Heat
    Overclocking: My Anti-Drug. | Overclocking my body...one day at a time... | Black Belt Ubercloxx0r | You are the most ripped yo-yo'er I have ever seen. - Seven
    HTPC | i5 2500k@3.8 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 16GB HyperX | GTX 460 1gb@845/1100 | 1.5TB | Silverstone LC10S-M | Corsair 500w

Ya I would let a lawyer listen to the cell phone recordings... at the bare minimum someone in the police department. I'm sure if you tell them the same thing that you posed here they would want to help.

The only other thing that I can say is to mourn in your own way... don't do anything stupid then go on with your life. If she is the person that you made her out to be, she would be happy to see you get on with life and be happy, not be sad and depressed.
    Shame on the night..... for places i've been and what i've seen... For giving me the strangest dreams - Dio(RIP)

Wow....That...Wow...*Rubs eyeballs and reads agian*...

^^ apparently I can not have 2 flags in my sig there for I shall make my german flag very large so everyone can see it

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Furguson
    I am not saying I am blaming her. But what I want to know is how she was able to be raped two other times. Walking down the wrong street.....wrong guy again.....etc. Unless we know more about her personality and how she dressed, there could have been other factors into why she was raped.

Cerebus will you be attending the funeral?
    Dude you have a lot to learn. It has nothing to do with the way she was dressed or her personality. As was stated in this thread the last time was an ex boyfriend which could fall under the same category as date rape which if I am not mistaken is the most prevelant form of rape. Factors about why she was raped? Are you freaking kidding me. You are full on blaming her and it is people who have the same attitude as you that are a serious problem in our society
    Hello:sn:

Senior Django-loving Member Captain Newbie's Avatar
    Right seat with a bored "don't kill me" expression
    (Interjecting)

Quote Originally Posted by fateshammer
    She deserves proper justice one way or another.
    and

I would be looking around for those guys and see if they want to join her.
    and

If it was me, and I knew the dudes name, his head would roll.
    are both bad ways to solve the problem. Regretfully, even killing a lowlife scumbag sack of (four-letter-word-here) is still murder. If you take justice into your own hands, you sink to the same level as them.

Whether the person deserves to get the **** kicked out of them or not it's still against the law and should be punished as such.

That minor unpleasantry out of the way, I suggest you contact an attorney. The justice system's wheels turn slowly, but they do turn, and justice is indeed served. And whatever you do, don't do anything abrupt or rash. Do get in touch with the local authorites so that they can dispense justice as required. And do, in her memory, live each day to the fullest that you possibly can.

If you ever need to talk, the buttons are at the bottom of the post. Good luck, and God bless.
    B.S. Computer Science, B.A. Political Science | Commercial Pilot Airplane Single and Multiengine Land, Instrument Airplane
    "And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
    The high untresspassed sanctity of space
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God."

Strong * Focused * Safe
    Apple Mac Pro 4,1, Two Nehalem Xeons 2.26GHzx4 (Hyperthreaded), 12 GB DDR3 FBDRAM | MacBook Pro 15" (2009)

It's time to kick ass. Seriously, it doesn't matter if you go to jail, just kill.

Well I sent a letter to my dad(Snail Mail) about the situation, and hopefully he can get me going in the most painful direction, or even get me some contacts...I just hope the place doesnt filter mail too well But you never know. Prisons scan every litle thing. I called her mom, and she had gotten the news this morning! So I think I was the first person to hear everything. She sounded so destroyed I felt so bad for her. She lost another daughter in Iraq a year or two back, so AFAIK she has a 8 year old and then a 15 year old left. She said that she will keep me posted on what the police say. They ware doing autopsy earlier so she was going to get me the information. I am going to head down to Verizon right now and see if they have any ways to get the recordings from their system.

Overclocking: My Anti-Drug. | Overclocking my body...one day at a time... | Black Belt Ubercloxx0r | You are the most ripped yo-yo'er I have ever seen. - Seven
    HTPC | i5 2500k@3.8 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 16GB HyperX | GTX 460 1gb@845/1100 | 1.5TB | Silverstone LC10S-M | Corsair 500w

Quote Originally Posted by Radical
    It's time to kick ass. Seriously, it doesn't matter if you go to jail, just kill.
    Sometimes it's better to have a game plan than to act out of haste. If I do decide to take action into my own hands, then I have family that can help me. You can say that 75% of my family are or were in the Mexican mafia. But right now i'm planning my course of action. And if I have to dedicate the rest of my life to hunting these guys down, then I shall do so.

Disabled
    May Karma come into play here, and help correct some of this travesty in life.

Despite what some people may say, I would advice against vigilante acts. It may feel good while your splater Randy the Rapists blood on the wall with a chainsaw, but when your doing a stint in a Prison, it wont.

Best to rely on Karma, and my regards to you and the womans family for their loss.

Gloriously Lead
    Overclockix Chief Architect
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus2k7
    Sometimes it's better to have a game plan than to act out of haste. If I do decide to take action into my own hands, then I have family that can help me. You can say that 75% of my family are or were in the Mexican mafia. But right now i'm planning my course of action. And if I have to dedicate the rest of my life to hunting these guys down, then I shall do so.
    very wise move... i know that raw emotions can be hard to control but if you can focus that to put our justice system to work, then that will be then end of it and those ******** will get what they deserve...

i've spent quite a bit of time thinking about the whole thing today and it's made me realize many things about my life i shouldn't take for granted. thank you for sharing what has happened to heather and you... it may not mean much coming from a stranger, but it may make me think differently about things in my own life...

good luck and please keep us posted... i am not really religious, but my thoughts are with you...
    intel i5-750 -- msi p55-gd65 -- 4 x 4gb ddr3 1600 -- msi gtx550 ti cyclone oc 1gb -- antec p182 -- ocz fatal1ty 750w -- windows 8.1 x64
    intel i5-3330 -- msi z77a-gd65 -- 4 x 8gb ddr3 1600 -- intel hd graphics 2500 -- fractal design define r4 black -- debian wheezy amd64

forum rules | overclockix | overclockers geforce survey | mbentley.net

I'm glad it has made its way to some people. And a few weeks back my uncle was showing me some things in the hand-to-hand combat dept.(Used to train military) and was telling me how we don't live in a perfect holywood world, where we can simply look straight and not be aware of our surroundings. Because doing that will not be life, it would be a simpletons way of death. I heard his words loud and clear, but now they ring louder than ever. Perhaps because before it didnt fully sink in, but once it actually happend, it fully made me realize...

Well, back from Verizon, and the guy was a completely ****tard. He said that there is and I quote. "No way at all to get a voice mail off of a cell phone"

I know you can, I just wanted it to be clear. Guess i'll just send my whole phone in.

I have no idea what to say to you. I feel for your loss and for her family. I'm not a religous person by any means but I'll pray for you all to pull through this. As tempted as you must be to go vigelante on this scumbag that will not solve anything. Let the slow wheels of justice do their thing and know without a doubt that this ****er will get whats coming to him one way or another. Keep your head up, there is nothing that you could have done so do not blame yourself. I don;t know you very well but if you even need someone to talk to my aim is in sig and I'm always availible through pm's.

He probably just said that because he didn't know if the phone was yours or not.....if the government can pick up key words over the phone line, I doubt it's very difficult to find voice mail that are saved on a server somewhere.

Good luck in your search

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast