• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading from P// -->P///

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
here's how it is...

Krome's System (Compaq Case)
P// 400 ---> New mobo-P/// 700, new video/sound card, modem

Friends System (HP Case)
P/ 166 --->Kromes old mobo-P//400 (integrated modem/sound/video)

I removed my P// last night, it slides in/out like a cartridge, I really want to keep my case, its a full tower and it's black.

*if it is the Intel i810 Board, it is possible for me to add the P/// 700 no probs right. If it does, I will just sell the P// to my buddy and he can get a new mobo. :rolleyes:

HOW CAN I CHECK THE VOLTAGE OF MY MOBO?

here's what I found on Price Watch... Intel Pentium /// 800MHz OEM 100 FSB Slot-1... $139.00. I think I may go for this one

Last edited:
I was rerading up on this, there is a slot1 conversion kit, that includes a voltage regulator, any one have one of these?

Yes. It's called Slotket or socket to slot convertor. I'm using one right now. Won't help at all if the board you plug it into won't work with a SLotket or the P3 itself. Not important as you can get Pentium3 in Slot flavor also. You don;t need a SLotket. And, if your board only has the physical transistors for P2 range voltages. That is, if the plan is to use the Compaq board. If you plan on a replacement, get a board that has a socket if you're gonaa get a socket style processor.

Did you check your private messages?

I just saw a Dell Computer ad, that says that they offer a Pentium/// 1.1GHz @ PC100... yay for me. I gotta get me one of them... er.. a P/// (>)1GHz :rolleyes:

I've been coming up, got Windows 98SE, and I was able to run SiSoft Sandra, these are my findings...

Processor- Intel Pentium II @399 MHz

Model Information- P6L(Deschutes) Pentium II 266-450 2V

Socket/Slot- Slot1

upgrade interface- Slot1/A

supported speed(s)- 550MHz (or more)

System mainboard (model)- 03F0h

System Chipset (model)- Intel Corporation 82443BX/ZX 440BX/ZX CPU to PCI Bridge (AGP implemented)

Front Side Bus Speed- 100MHz

Performance Rating- PR 479 (estimated)

* Sandra wasn't working so well, so I updated my BIOS and it started working :rolleyes:

How does my setup look for the upgrade?

THANKS FOR THE HELP SO FAR...

Well now that's some good info! You have a BX chipset according to Sandra, so you should be good to plug a 66mhz FSB celeron on a slotket into it and go. Some BX boards need a BIOS flash to recognize a P3, mine did anyway, but a Celeron is almost guaranteed to work. At the least, any PPGA or pre-coppermine celeron is almpost guranteed to work; I don't know about the new ones.

ALMOST! There's always the chance of Compaq cutting one corner too many and leaving off some crucial part or other. If I were you, I'd just try it and hope for the best! IMHO:D

Good Luck!

Back