• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet and DC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OLMI

Does anyone know of a nice DC pump that is quiet, too? I really want an Eheim 1250, but I don't want to get a relay with it :(

I was thinking about the MCP650, but I read that it is around 33 dB from 2' away.

what fans are you running? I have 2 sanyo denkis at 7v and i cant hear my MCP650 over them, but if I were you I would go with the MCP600. Its quieter and will give you better temps, as although it has less head/flow, it dumps less heat into the loop. Wish I had known that when I got my pump :headbang:

The MCP350 is quieter, as the MCP600 is not dead silent, but it is not nearly as good as the mcp600 is. The MCP600 has been rebranded as the Aquaextreme 50Z over at cooltechnica.com or dtekcustoms.com. If you want complete silence, get the MCP350, or even look for the DC version of the Eheim 1250 (I know it exists, but its hard to find and expensive, about $100). I would strongly recommend the MCP600 though, then the Eheim 1250 DC, then the MCP350 (its lack of flow kinda hurts it, plus t only has 3/8" fittings).

If you do want the MCP350, you can find it at either www.dangerden.com or www.sidewindercomputers.com

MCP350 only comes with 3/8ID Barbs, get MCP600 aka AquaXtreme Pump since it is the best DC pump out there for now

Achilles17 said:
what fans are you running? I have 2 sanyo denkis at 7v and i cant hear my MCP650 over them, but if I were you I would go with the MCP600. Its quieter and will give you better temps, as although it has less head/flow, it dumps less heat into the loop. Wish I had known that when I got my pump :headbang:

If the heat of the pump is killing your temps then you def. have a problem.

http://www.overclockers.com/articles1088/index02.asp

As for the pump question C-System 750 or eheim gets my vote.

Back