• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

urgent help needed - multiplier problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subtotal

just got a new (secondhand) cpu (xp-m 2600+) stuck it in everything booted fine but when i checked bios, i found the highest i could get the multiplier was 6x. it could be a buggy bios so i'm trying a few different bios releases for my mobo (nf7-s2g).

part of my problem could be the wierd AI overclocking interface the bios has(if anyone knows a bios that will wrk with my board that doesn't have this please tell me!!!). and i saw as5(?) around the core, i would like to clean this off but dont want to damage the cpu so if someone can recommend a household cleaner that will do the trick i'd be grateful!

any advice, suggestions, links, etc welcome

edit: tried several bios versions, no improvement

Last edited:
it also seems the voltage is messed up. it's a mobile chip and the voltage (set to default!!!) is over 1.8V!

ok, thats good news, can someone direct me to a site that shows pin mods to change multipliers? i got tricked into getting the "s2g" by the name (it doesn't have multiplier control!). btw solved the voltage prob, the pcb around the core was COVERED in AS5(3?), i didn't have the proper (or even recommended) cleaning stuff... so i found a bottle of 100 proof vodka (strongest stuff in the house by far) which seemed to do the trick

Edit: nevermind, found a pin mod guide here :D

Last edited:
Back