Thread: Design

Design

I'm going to build a setup myself and I wanted to know if this looked okay, since I thought there might be trouble since there's so much resistance to the pump. I want to put the heater core on top of the case because there's no room inside it and that means the pump will have to push water uphill through the waterblock and through the heater core. The pump I'm going to get is a Via Aqua 1300, the waterblock is going to be a DD Maze4, and I have a 2-199 heatercore for the radiator. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I want to put the heater core on top of the case because there's no room inside it and that means the pump will have to push water uphill through the waterblock and through the heater core
    Setup looks good; have no fear about pushing the water uphill, because (barring a leak) you should have an equivalent amount of water going down hill at the same time, negating alot of what you are worring about.

EDIT: Welcome to the Forums.
    Last edited by Guderian; 12-21-04 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Duhhhh

Gigabyte 7N400-Pro2 | +2500 @ 2.2Ghz | 1.70 vCore | Radeon 9600 stock
    Lian-Li PC 60 | 512 Kingston 2-2-2-6 | Swiftech 5002 and MCW20
    FEDCO 2-302 | Cardboard Shroud | 2 Delta 120's @ 7v | Eheim 1250

you can do better tham a maze4 CPU

G5
    G4
    MCW6000
    WW
    etc
    etc

I have an AMD Socket Tab motherboard, though. What would you recommend for that? I'd rather not have to bother with removing the motherboard to mount the block.

EDIT: Also, what fans would you recommend. I've been having trouble finding anywhere that stocks Sanyo-Denki. Are there any other decent (and QUIET) fans that you would suggest? I want 2 120mm for the heater core.

the MCW-6000 might have socket holddowns, I can't remember

email dock AT dockhardware.com, he sells 120mm sanyos for $5 each

I was looking at pumps today and I noticed that D-Tek sells the CSP-750 pump. Is this pump any good? It looks like a good deal for the money, esp. since it runs off 12v.

Okay, I'll think I'll go with the MCW-6000 because it does have tab hold-downs (Socket 462 = Socket A, right?).

go look over at procooling about the CSP750

seems the seals have a bit of trouble...well....sealing.

10 Year Badge
    Make sure your pump is sucking from the res. Pumps dont like restriction on the intake.

Arent we out to get the maze4 today.......

nvm EMAIL lol i'll do that now

if you run the pump after the HC/Rad, you'll add heat to the loop - to get the best temps, run the loop in the following route:

pump > radiator/heatercore> CPU block > resivoir > [back to pumo]

this way, the freshly cooled water from the hc/rad goes directly to the CPU, increasing perfomance of the system
    Lian Li PC-75B Corsair Professional Series AX850
    2x Intel Xeon E5420 @ 3.0GHz (400x7.5) Intel D5400XS Skulltrail
    8GB (4x2GB) A-Data DDR2-800 FB-DIMM ECC (1:1 @ 400MHz)
    MSI Radeon HD4870 1GB Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
    2x WD VelociRaptor 150GB (RAID 0) + 2x WD Caviar Black 500GB
    2x EK Supreme HF CPU EK S-MAX NB EK VGA Supreme GPU Blastflow Tidal SB
    Thermochill PA120.3 Swiftech MCRes-Micro Laing D5 w/ Bitspower Top

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Heatware http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=34593

Give me a break Senior
    10 Year Badge
    Author Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky
    if you run the pump after the HC/Rad, you'll add heat to the loop - to get the best temps, run the loop in the following route:

pump > radiator/heatercore> CPU block > resivoir > [back to pumo]

this way, the freshly cooled water from the hc/rad goes directly to the CPU, increasing perfomance of the system
    This has shown to be mostly irrelavent. It's true only to a trivial degree at best, no difference at worst, linky.. Better to place components based on the space available and, if a rez is used, to make sure the pump intake isn't starved (have the rez right before the pump).
    Thank you Baby. I love you.

Would the danger-den dual heatercore shroud work for me? It says it only supports one 120mm fan though.

hey greenman what do you think of the Copper TDX block? I have to get a DD block since my mother-in-law got me a gift certificate for x-mas...

Quote Originally Posted by Roddefig
    Would the danger-den dual heatercore shroud work for me? It says it only supports one 120mm fan though.
    DD has two heater cores one for a single 120 and one for two. two would naturaly be better.

Quote Originally Posted by smokenjoe
    DD has two heater cores one for a single 120 and one for two. two would naturaly be better.
    I meant the shroud. I already have the heater-core and shadow said on some thread that the heater cores that DD sells were 199s. I compared mine to the pictures and they looked the same.