• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Design

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roddefig

I'm going to build a setup myself and I wanted to know if this looked okay, since I thought there might be trouble since there's so much resistance to the pump. I want to put the heater core on top of the case because there's no room inside it and that means the pump will have to push water uphill through the waterblock and through the heater core. The pump I'm going to get is a Via Aqua 1300, the waterblock is going to be a DD Maze4, and I have a 2-199 heatercore for the radiator. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• design.GIF
    design.GIF
    3.7 KB · Views: 150
I want to put the heater core on top of the case because there's no room inside it and that means the pump will have to push water uphill through the waterblock and through the heater core

Setup looks good; have no fear about pushing the water uphill, because (barring a leak) you should have an equivalent amount of water going down hill at the same time, negating alot of what you are worring about.

EDIT: Welcome to the Forums.

Last edited:
I have an AMD Socket Tab motherboard, though. What would you recommend for that? I'd rather not have to bother with removing the motherboard to mount the block.

EDIT: Also, what fans would you recommend. I've been having trouble finding anywhere that stocks Sanyo-Denki. Are there any other decent (and QUIET) fans that you would suggest? I want 2 120mm for the heater core.

I was looking at pumps today and I noticed that D-Tek sells the CSP-750 pump. Is this pump any good? It looks like a good deal for the money, esp. since it runs off 12v.

Okay, I'll think I'll go with the MCW-6000 because it does have tab hold-downs (Socket 462 = Socket A, right?).

Make sure your pump is sucking from the res. Pumps dont like restriction on the intake.

Arent we out to get the maze4 today.......

if you run the pump after the HC/Rad, you'll add heat to the loop - to get the best temps, run the loop in the following route:

pump > radiator/heatercore> CPU block > resivoir > [back to pumo]

this way, the freshly cooled water from the hc/rad goes directly to the CPU, increasing perfomance of the system

Sneaky said:
if you run the pump after the HC/Rad, you'll add heat to the loop - to get the best temps, run the loop in the following route:

pump > radiator/heatercore> CPU block > resivoir > [back to pumo]

this way, the freshly cooled water from the hc/rad goes directly to the CPU, increasing perfomance of the system
This has shown to be mostly irrelavent. It's true only to a trivial degree at best, no difference at worst, linky.. Better to place components based on the space available and, if a rez is used, to make sure the pump intake isn't starved (have the rez right before the pump).

Would the danger-den dual heatercore shroud work for me? It says it only supports one 120mm fan though.

Roddefig said:
Would the danger-den dual heatercore shroud work for me? It says it only supports one 120mm fan though.

DD has two heater cores one for a single 120 and one for two. two would naturaly be better.

smokenjoe said:
DD has two heater cores one for a single 120 and one for two. two would naturaly be better.

I meant the shroud. I already have the heater-core and shadow said on some thread that the heater cores that DD sells were 199s. I compared mine to the pictures and they looked the same.

Back