• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wired + wireless network

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dlink, Netgear, Linksys, and SMC are all comperable SOHO routers. Some have different features, but for the most part operate the same. They all have a 4 port switch built in for your wired connections, and have the wireless aspect for any wireless needs. Personally, I have a Dlink wireless/b router that I have configured as a access point to service my laptop (what I am on right now) which all I need is surfing, so 10mb is just fine. If you plan on large and frequent file transfers via wireless, then you should consider a 'g' router (54mb) and some routers boast 128mb. just my 2 cents. Oh and my Dlink wireless router only cost me $25 after a $20 rebate, not bad.

Can't go wrong with the Netgear stuff. What model did you get? I chose the linksys WRT54G because I wanted to get features only found in the hacked firmware or more expensive routers

I have a BEFSR41 V3 in the basement doing the routing and DHCP and forwarding all that stuff, and a BEFSWsomething on the main floor with routing turned off, so it acts like a wireless switch and access point....serves me perfectly.

Back