??? Weird error with AI7

I was just reading about retail heatspreaders being very inefficient and cooling better with just bare chips. So, I go in and take the memory and pry off the heatspreaders and put them back in.

When I start up the computer, nothing popped up on the screen. In fact, according to the little AI7 double digit thing, it never even makes it past like the second step of the boot up sequence. It stops at "84" which states, "Initialize ISA PnP boot devices" and then it goes to "00" (which has no definition) and then the power shuts off. I'm not entirely sure what the error message means or what happened. As far as I know everything was all ok until I took the memory out and put it back in. I tried clearing the cmos, switching the memory up, and just other small things but I am actually just completely confused on what happened.

Here is a list of my setup:
    AI7 motherboard
    p4 2.4c sl6z3
    fortron 530 ps

I dunno, and the whole computer is watercooled. I am guessing past that there is nothing else that could relate to the problem. Any help?

Did you try and unhook your power supply and cmos for a couple of minutes prior to restarting. I have had this trouble before but sorry to say it does seem that you could have damaged the ram.
    Evga X58 BL-758, i7 920 DO @3.9 SLBEJ@186X21 SO FAR... stock 1.275 vcore
    CORSAIR Triple channel 9,9,9,24 1.65vdimm

PNY 2X 260 GTX 260 SLI, Corsair 750 TX
    CNSP 10X Extreme, CoolerMaster HAF 932

yeah man...sorry to say it but ..excluding the possibility of it not liking something you did...
    common sense says you busted something if you take it out and do something with the word PRY in it, and put it back in and suddenly it dont work.

maybe you switched them into opposite slots? i doubt that would make any difference whatsoever but hey... maybe try switching thier order
    "If You Do Things My Way, They Will Soon Become Your Way.
    If You Do Things Your Way You Will Soon Be Trying Them My Way.".

Q6600 2.4Ghz@3.33Ghz
    P4 3.4@3.85Ghz(14x275) , 2Gigs@DDR2-550 3-3-3-7
    1.36Vcore , 1.90 vdimm , 32C Idle , 45C Load
    Abit AA8XE , 256MB X600PRO AIW 480/308 Max OC
    XP-90C , SilentCat 92mm 21dba 53CFM
    Antec Truepower 550w 24-pin

Building Computers and OverClocking should be Outlawed and made Illegal due to the Highly Addictive properties of GHZ

oh and were you on your carpet in socks when you struggled to take off the heatspreaders lol
    "If You Do Things My Way, They Will Soon Become Your Way.
    If You Do Things Your Way You Will Soon Be Trying Them My Way.".

Q6600 2.4Ghz@3.33Ghz
    P4 3.4@3.85Ghz(14x275) , 2Gigs@DDR2-550 3-3-3-7
    1.36Vcore , 1.90 vdimm , 32C Idle , 45C Load
    Abit AA8XE , 256MB X600PRO AIW 480/308 Max OC
    XP-90C , SilentCat 92mm 21dba 53CFM
    Antec Truepower 550w 24-pin

Building Computers and OverClocking should be Outlawed and made Illegal due to the Highly Addictive properties of GHZ

Registered
    I had some trouble when i set up an ai7 rig and a p4 2.8. Just wouldnt start at first, i started freaking out, moved the dual channel ram to the other two slots, it worked fine, then after a few days i moved them back to the other two slots to see if they were busted but it worked fine.. which is strange.

just try moving the ram to a different slot, it worked for me