• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I mod my case for a huge fan??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joshiieeii

I have this nice, but Huge C&R 253 Cfm fan. Tried puting the fan infront of the cube and it helped but a lot of the "good" air just went around the cube. (fan is 6.75" dia. cube is 4.4")

Ducting is what I am interested in doing. I have thought of going through the top, through the side, but the back seems to be my best bet. Any help with this project would be most helpful :D .Here are some pics to see what I am talking about.

You could cut a hole in the bottom of the case and mount the fan there. You'd also have to drill bolt holes, but that's no big deal. It'd also make it a stealth mod. :cool:

You'd have to have the case lifted a short distance off the ground so the fan could get air though. I see you have some kind of spacer under there but I'm not sure if it'd be enough. Maybe put casters on the bottom so you can roll the case around when you need to move it.

Hmmmm.... good points. I guess what I am trying to get suggestions for is how I can mount this huge fan so that it blows through my DD cooling cube. I want to better cool my water. Mounting it on the bottom I don't think that will be possible.

I saw a 6 in diameter air duct fan today and it pushes 250cfm of air, i was just thinking of cutting a 6 inch hole in the side of my case to mount it, what does your fan look like eh?

Pic of my fan, hope it isn't too big, the pic that is.. heh:

bigfan.JPG

Back