• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First Water Cooling Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OLMI

Ok, here's what my system will be:

Pump: AquaXtreme 50Z
Radiator: Black Ice Xtreme (Blue)
CPU Block: Swiftech MCW 6002-64

I will be using a T-line to fill etc. and there will be a shroud between the radiator and my Enermax adjustable 120mm fan.

I'm sure most of you aren't actually reading this, so here are some pictures :):

Full sized pictures are available here

side_flash_small.jpg

Here's the computer where the water cooling system will be installed.

side_no_flash_small.jpg

Here's the computer without a flash.

wc_supplies_1_small.jpg

Here's what has arrived already.

Now all we need is the CPU block and the fan. Tomorrow, the rest of the supplies have to arrive, or else I will need to get my money back from UPS, as it will have been more than three days. :)

Also, does anyone know what the padding next to the shroud is for? I'm going to go get started with sleeving the wire from the pump :cool:.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to cut the neoprene to make a lining for the shroud so it seals and maximizes through rad airlfow.

Oh, ok. It was cut so that the sides of the thing fell off. I'm supposed to use the outside then?

the air going through it will be warmer. The bottom front is the best if you can fit it. and yes you're supposed to use the outside. Personally, I would get some silicon or some sealant just to be good an thorough about it, though the shround would be permanently attached to the neoprene. Your call but it looks really neat if you have a black light in your computer room.

Anything else you need help with?

Nope, everything is all good now. Thanks :)

More picturesssssss. I have the loop testing right now. Had a little scare, but I got everything figured out, and now all I need to do is wait until Christmas.

cpu_block_small.jpg

The CPU block after I took it out of the package.

layout.jpg

Here's the layout of my loop.

loop_construction_small.jpg

Here's the loop, mid-construction.

loop_finished_small.jpg

The loop!

filling_small.jpg

Filling!

The loop will be installed after Christmas when I'll be getting my Athlon 64 and motherboard. Thanks for the replies so far! :)

just another advise since I looked at your rad I see couple fins are dented, make sure you're not let those fins dented anymore, more fins dented equal performance decrease

Be sure and post your temps and let me know the sound level of that pump. I am looking at upgrading to that pump from my Mag3. Sound is a big factor for me. I get great performance with my current pump, but would like a quiet 12 volt pump with 1/2 od fittings on it.

AquaXtreme Pump is quiet but not dead silent, I don't think you can hear any noise from the pump with your case closed

My Eheim 1250 is dead silent, but it runs of 110v.... big deal though, it's not like it is hard to rig up a relay.

Note: I am picky as **** about noise level.

Ya, I'm really picky, too, so this pump is perfect for me (it's really quiet, and I'm sure I couldn't hear it with the side panels on). :)

The loops is fine so far, can't wait until Christmas! :)

OLMI said:

Consider using the middle barb of the block as the input and outer barb as the output. Flow will hit the core area directly and helps to bleed air.

OLMI said:
Will it be a huge difference in temps? I already have the thing running :(

Probably not, if you already bled the system and you're happy with the temps you're getting, I wouldn't bother switching i/o of the barbs. Maybe try it next time you drain the loop.

Alright, cool. I'll check it out the next time I have to change the water or something. When will I have to clean it?

OUch you installed the block incorrectly :(.

The center fitting is input, you didnt read the install instruction?

Other than that it looks clean and nice,
Congrat!

Back