• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I install SI-97 correctly?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tawcan

Registered
What I'm using:

Barton 2500+ @ 1.825V, 11*213, NF7-S rev 2.0
SI97, AS3, 80mm H1A, CoolerMaster 200 with 5 case fans.

Right now with the CPU at 100%, room temp around 18-20C (can't tell) CPU temp is 42C, case is 18C. This temp seems to be about the same as when I was using AX7 (although lower overclocking). I tried touching the heatpipes and they're just a little bit warm. It's the same as the heatsink.

Is it normal for the heatpipes to be just warm and not hot at all? :confused:

Thanx for the reply. Yeah I've seen that pic before I installed and have checked the clip after I installed. The clip looks just like that pic (centered).

Just wondering why the heatpipes are not hot at all....

Thanx for the reply again. :)

Nope don"t have a 92mm fan to mount unfortunately... I'm not using a shim btw.

With your calculation I guess the HS is working properly then?

:)

Tawcan said:
What I'm using:

Barton 2500+ @ 1.825V, 11*213, NF7-S rev 2.0
SI97, AS3, 80mm H1A, CoolerMaster 200 with 5 case fans.

Right now with the CPU at 100%, room temp around 18-20C (can't tell) CPU temp is 42C, case is 18C. This temp seems to be about the same as when I was using AX7 (although lower overclocking). I tried touching the heatpipes and they're just a little bit warm. It's the same as the heatsink.

Is it normal for the heatpipes to be just warm and not hot at all? :confused:

That's just about what I'm getting with an SI-97 and a similarly overclocked 2500+ Xp-M at 1.8v, except I'm a few C higher probably due to a lower fan and a warmer room.

Wouldn't call my heatpipes "hot" exactly. They're kindof warm especially on the inside surface.

I'm not sure if they used a shim in the review.. It would be interesting to see what a 92mm does for you though..
Especialy considering the heat pipes are on the edges of the fins...towards the outside..:D

I went up to [email protected]. My temps (with the low flow Panaflo) are 35c idle and 45c load. So I imagine that lines up about right with what you are getting. I'll go higher when I get a chance.

Back