• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon X800 XT PE Overclocking Limits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you meant Binny's, I don't think he's going to bench until he gets better cooling. Wish I could have an XT-PE... 2.7Ghz would be nice as well.

Binny: What vcore is your CPU at? Also, maybe just for benching, set your fan speed on your card at 100%..?

Will be leaving work in a minute, so I'll post my benchmark scores when i get home. My pc's 100% stable so there isn't need for better cooling to bench using these settings really. ;)

My vcore is at 1.575 * 104% in the bios...so about 1.64 or so. If i put it up to 1.575 * 110% (1.73 - the next setting up), I have no problem getting the CPU upto 2750, but it goes into the low 60s under load. When I get home, I'll try some different voltage and % combinations to see if i can tweak the vcore just a little bit more.

Oh I thought your video card was getting too hot at the higher clocks.

But anyways, I look forward to the benchmarks :thup: . Well off to school in a bit...

RAMMAN said:
anything over 80 degrees is dangerous in my opinion.and what do you guys think of the ocz 600w powerstream psu?

It will probably be overkill and loud, why do you ask? :D

Spyd3r said:
Oh I thought your video card was getting too hot at the higher clocks.

My video card does get too hot at higher clocks (that was the initial point of this thread) :). For the moment it doesn't matter really.. i just won't overclock it until i get some better cooling for it.

As far as my system benchmarks are concerned, I put in another 512MB of RAM today, but coz this mobo ain't dual channel, the mem benchmarks have gone down a little, therefore reducing the overall benchmark scores a bit.

Anyways.. see my signature for how they stand at the moment. I've also added current Vcore as requested :).

Binny.

Last edited:
Ive always found ATI Tool to be crap, ive neer liked it. it never actually works, it goes on and on scanning.

Back