• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

802.11g, usb, and the wonderful yoper

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhoenixMDM

Piano Man
I'm having trouble hunting down 802.11g adapters that are linux-compatible, and having even more trouble finding a USB one. I'm going to be using it for a tiny computer project, so I'd like to avoid PCI, as there's only 1 slot and I'd rather leave it open just in case. G isn't a must, but it just seems stupid to not go for it.

Any suggestions? Tiny PCI cards are still up for consideration too....

No experience with them myself, but from what I have heard, USB adapters can be a real PITA. Is there a real reason that you can think of to leave the PCI slot open? Because it would be so much easier to use a PCI card or a PCMCIA adapter/card....

the acx100/111 project is working on USB drivers, and the acx111 cards can do g but I'm not sure how good full speed g support is and AFIK the usb drivers don't work yet:p
So no help but some hope lol

Be sure to post on a lot of linux only forums too tough.

Eh, I've done plenty of messing around with my DWL-120+ using both some sourceforge drivers (mighta been acx100/111, can't remember) and ndiswrapper, absolutely no luck with either.

Ended up ordering a pci g card from newegg, prism2 chipset so linux should love it. Hey, in the future I can always switch to usb if linux gets better support, but i wasn't planning on using the pci slot in the near future so why not use it now?

Back