• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are there any decent PCI video cards around right now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

Just regular ol' PCI.
Preferably something powerful enough to handle Half Life 2/Doom 3 at DECENT settings.... doesn't have to be too fancy.

It will not be overclocked and will be running in a 2.8 p4 and 512mb system.

Cheap as posible, of course ;)

Thanks!

realize they don't make pci cards that are really good because the bandwith needed to fuel those cards has surpassed what the 33mhz pci standard can accomidate for. i think the fastest card you will find will be a fx5200

I'm pretty sure I can do better than a 5200, but probably not much....

Who knows, maybe the computer will have an agp port. I'm getting a Dell for christmas. Honestly, I don't understand the point of getting a 2.8ghz P4 with 1mb cache, and then just getting integrated Intel Exteme 2 graphics, or whatever.

I am assuming there is no agp, sinc eusually boards with onboard do not have it, correct?

actually thats not true, my Shuttle ST61G4 has an integrated 9100 vid card but it still has an agp slot for me to install my X800 pro. you should read up on the model your getting to check if it says anything about PCI X 1 and AGP X 1.

Back