• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaTE

i just got a lanparty ut 250gb and i installed windows xp pro sp2, then i noticed windows wasn't detecting my sound card, so i tested it in the other 2 free slots( 2 of 5 pci slots are blocked by my video cooling ) and windows wasn't detecting it, so maybe its died when i moved it from my old setup, so i pulled out an extra network card and windows wouldn't detect it either, so my brother whos helping me get it working asked what the red light under the pci slots was, so we looked it up in the manual, the manual says the when its on it mean the system is in standby mode, so we're think maybe this is disabling the pci slots? can anyone tell me if this standby thing is disabling( how do i bring it out of standby if so) the pci slots or is the board bad?

red light is normal, i believe it means that the board has power.

Very odd. Perhaps you have bad pci slots.

try reloading the bios defaults.

have you disabled all unnecessary onboard devices?

i already tried to load the bios defaults and that didn't help and ya i've played with everything in the bios:(

i guess i'll just hope work lets me off early that i can send it back

Back