• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help choosing 754 motherboard.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dbcalo

I am planning to upgrade my system again. my current system is:

Soltek SL-75FRN2-RL nforce 2 ultra 400
AMD XP 2500+ @ 2.2Ghz
2 X 512mb Geil PC3200 dual channel
Sapphire Radeon 9600 pro 128mb

ok, i was planning on upgrading to a amd 64 2800+ and just using the rest of my current parts, but i don't know what motherboard i should go with. could someone point me to a couple? is there any major differences between via and nvidia on this socket? also do you the upgrade will be worth it now?

i was thinking maybe this one? http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-130-449&depa=0

Last edited:
DFI LanParty UT NF3-250 is supposedly the best s754 motherboard. second best in reviews is the Chaintech VNF3-250.

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
DFI LanParty UT NF3-250 is supposedly the best s754 motherboard. second best in reviews is the Chaintech VNF3-250.
Agreed.

:sn:

If you are into overclocking, there is no better choice than the DFI board. That MSI I would stay away from. My cousin has had two of them. And both refused to post higher than 220mhz HTT. Another cheap alternative is an Abit KV8 Pro. Great for overclocking, pci/agp locks, 3.2v ddr, and will do very high fsb. They are about $85 on newegg.

-Collin-

right now i have a antec 350watt psu. do you think this would be enough? if not, what psu's would you recommend?

Back