• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.53GHz Athlon Avail September 19th at my local store!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AtomicGuY

ok ok, you can finally have you palamino and overclock it too, on the 19th in e-town anyway. I wonder if anyone else will have those ones ready for the 19th, I'm gonna check price watch.

My local store had the chip like two weeks ago but it was only 1 and for demo only. ahh, I hate demos.

They want $505 bucks CANADIAN at my store for the 1.53GHz. isnt that expensive eh?

I tell ya, I'm so happy with my chip, I dont plan to upgrade till 2GHz chips come around. Anyway, I had to post this for palamino wanters.

From an overclocking prospective, I don't think you can expect much from the 1.53 Chip. From what I've read, with that release, AMD is pushing the limit of the current core design. Anyone know otherwise?

WillysNut said:
From an overclocking prospective, I don't think you can expect much from the 1.53 Chip. From what I've read, with that release, AMD is pushing the limit of the current core design. Anyone know otherwise?

I think this is the new core design a 1.53 Palmino core correct? otherwise why would it cost so much money? the Palmino might be near its limit but I still think the 1.53 Palminos will be great for prices both AMD and Intel. hell the 1.0 Morgans will probably go down to around 60bucks!!! I sure hope this happens.

WillysNut said:

That's what I've heard too... usually overclockers can push a little past what the AMD roadmap projects for clock speeds, but they're only projecting a ramp to 1.9 GHz with the Palomino generation.... Thoroughbred will take us to 2 GHz+. I expect, as overclockers, we'll see some of the Palo's hitting 2 GHz, maybe 2.1. Anyway.....

SickBoy

That could happen Sickboy, your right because look at Intel, they got to 2GHz with .18micron technology too. Just goes to show what a little core reworking will do!

We've yet to even HEAR of any palomino release in the UK yet. Mind you I would probably need a new mobo as well

how much is $505 bucks CANADIAN in US $? I plan on getting a 1.53 palomino...probably not the day it comes out, but when it drops in price a bit. I heard they would overclock better due to lowered voltage and temps (Someone back me up here im not sure) :rolleyes:

1.53 palomino is just too expensive right now.
wait until a better one is out and then get 1.53 palomino.
this way would be cheaper as price drops.

Back