• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 800mhz Athlon keeps crashing.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steveo989

Not officially involved with AAR
After like 2 hours of running this it f****** locks up. Than I reboot it and all the progress is deleted. :bang head
Any suggestions to stop this are welcome.

Do not bypass the filters by using cutsey spelling of unacceptable language.

Luta Wicasa
Forums Administrator

Last edited by a moderator:
My Power supply fan burnt out on it. Also the temps suck on it. Should I buy a Gaming Case for it new PSU and all. Stock 800mhz.

Is it possible the PSU is having fluxuations in the voltages and the computer responds with a lock up.

Yeah, when my PSU fan stopped I had to wiggle my wiring until I got it working again. Made my gaming box totally unstable.

A more worthwhile upgrade would be to get a newer duron or athlon XP (if its socket a A board). That could give you a big production boost.

I wouldn't generally recommend taking a psu apart, but if you're careful about it, you can rewire a new fan in there.

I have taken apart PSU from Xbox PS2 computers. as long as you don't touch the the hardware. PSU's are enough as it is on NEWEGG anyway.

Opps I didn't know you can't swear on these boards I thought you just couldn't attack anyone sorry won't happen again.

Back