• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4t

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haiklamix

Registered
does anyone know of it is possible to fix the vcore settings on the mb
an i have put an extra thermal sensor on the mb but he doesnt seem to view the values of it. and if i plug it in or out i always see the values of the mb does anyone now of it is a fault of asus or must you set a setting different?:mad:

Haiklamix said:
does anyone know of it is possible to fix the vcore settings on the mb
an i have put an extra thermal sensor on the mb but he doesnt seem to view the values of it. and if i plug it in or out i always see the values of the mb does anyone now of it is a fault of asus or must you set a setting different?:mad:
The P4T has a temperature header on the board behind the serial/printer header. It is 2 pin and will accept a probe wire. I have a wire that was a part on my Abit BE6 board for reading the chip. I am going to test it today to see if it is acceptable for reading anything. According to the manual it should work to read anything the probe touches. I will edit this thread when I get an answer. There is a thread on the vcore question giving a link to a site which explains how to accomplish the voltage modification. I will try to find that for you to. Stay tuned.

i dont think you understand it

the heat sensor is one that is used for on mb's but on my mb it does nothing. and if a look in the bios with temp he tells me that mb is the same heat as the extra sensor, so if i plug the sensor in or not it tels me that it is the temp of the mb. so i think that it is an fault of asus like the vcoresetting

Re: i dont think you understand it

Haiklamix said:
the heat sensor is one that is used for on mb's but on my mb it does nothing. and if a look in the bios with temp he tells me that mb is the same heat as the extra sensor, so if i plug the sensor in or not it tels me that it is the temp of the mb. so i think that it is an fault of asus like the vcoresetting
Sorry to take so long to get back to you. The TRS header is used as a point to plug in a device that you may use to monitor the temp of something in your system. Its explained in your motherboard manual. You are right about the temp you see. The board is about the same temp as the inside of the case and if the probe wasn't touching anything but air then it's reading the ambient temp inside the case.

Last edited:
Back