• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nice little pally

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i assume that the speed is not in the stepping line (1467) and how does it over clock, and are the default temps lower than tbird?

You are looking at less than 40° with the Glaciator with 1.85v in it at a true 1656Mhz.

The 1700 relates to the processor rating number, the 1467 is the actual clock speed in Mhz. Truth of it is that it would probably monster a P4 2Ghz component easily - but they still choose to call it mildly the Model 1700. They have a lot more to come due to the fact that their migration to dot 13 will be 100% all at once, not bit by bit like some expensive chipzilla we know.

That will mean a LSB move to dot 13 and then a LSB move to SOI by 02H02.

So the "model 1700" is really a 1466(11.0x133.33). I thought the 1.533 were coming out on the 19th of Sept but I guess this date is when British spies get them ;)

Did AMD say anything about the model number thing? I think it is kinda silly but the general public might be ****ed when the boot up a computer and only see 1.466 instead of the 1.7 they will think they are getting screwed even if it is faster than a 2.0ghz p4.

el said:
So the "model 1700" is really a 1466(11.0x133.33). I thought the 1.533 were coming out on the 19th of Sept but I guess this date is when British spies get them ;)

Did AMD say anything about the model number thing? I think it is kinda silly but the general public might be ****ed when the boot up a computer and only see 1.466 instead of the 1.7 they will think they are getting screwed even if it is faster than a 2.0ghz p4.

i think the 1.533 is a palomino not a morgan

el said:

People listen to Atomic Guy too often. BIOS'es have already been updated to show these "strings" so no one unless an overclocker will ever know the difference. Just like the old Cyrix chips (not the Centaur ones - the actual Cyrix ones when they were PR'ed)

I hope the new Palominos run a lot cooler than my TBird. It's at 40°C idle(running EB) & I'm afraid to check the full load temps:( :eek: . When this gets into Windows it already hits 50°. Thanks to a broken A/C. Sorry to keep bringin' that up but ya know how I feel. Right? A cooler running CPU Palomino be my next purchase if it'll fit my MoBo.

NyTe said:
wild andy i con't wanna know how you get ur hands on some of these things, but u sure get some kewl sh*t...do u know if the new pally will work in my KT7A-R???
i think it would but it wont read as a palimino

I noticed that your Morgan does not like a high FSB is that Pally the same or is it ok with a high FSB.

Back