• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with a Fortron 530wt...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WannaBNerd

I bought a fortron 530w and it worked fine...after sleeving and sitting for aa few weeks before i got the rest of the parts for my computer...it will no longer power up...the psu fans wouldnt turn on or nething~~ne suggestions on what could b wrong ~_~

I would first double check all the connectors starting with the ATX connector itself to be sure they went back together in the correct way after the sleeving.

Yep, when I sleeved my Fortron just a little while ago I had to double check everything because on some the red and yellow wires were backwards. Also, make sure the wires are pushed all the way in to the molex connector. They have to click back into place.

Have you adjusted any of the pots inside? If these are far enough out of adjustment, the overvolt protection (which is also controlled by one of the pots) will keep the PSU from powering up.

If nothing else, short the green wire on the ATX connector to ground and see if it fires up that way.

Not good... under normal circumstances I would say RMA it, but with the sleeving the warranty may have been voided. Best suggestion I can make is to check with your vendor and see if they'll let you RMA it. Otherwise, you may just have to replace it :(

Back