• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800 vivo to xt problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DEZMOND

Hey guys,anybody else get artifacts sometimes when using the overdrive setting? I flashed a abit vio using the sapphire 500, 500 bios. All my games and benches run great, just wondering if there's a known bug with overdrive, and if anybody else gets the same prob.

Update I flashed to the ati 520 560 bios and overdrive works .I have a feeling the xi pe bios everyone is using is just this one with overdrive enabled.Thats why i was getting artifacts,overdrive was trying to oc a speed thats already set.

Well looks like a bug in either ati tool or overdrive , or maybe a oc lock . Now i get the same behavior with ati tool that i got with overdrive with the other bios. As soon as ati tool loads i get major checkers and artifacts. Without it i can run any game or bench with overdrive on or off. If you plan on using ati tool I don't recomend this one, go with the saphhire 500 , 500 . I'm using the vivo with my vcr no problems. I think I'm gonna leave it run like this, I only lost 200 pts in 03 from using ati tool with the 500 , 500 bios and oc'ing .

Here's the bios I used http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/ATI.X800XT.256.Samsung16_0430.bin

From what ive read overdrive is useless, this doesnt fix your problem, but if you have successfully flashed your pro > XT-PE then overdrive doesnt make a difference, do you even see a difference? :)

Yes overdrive oc's it to 526 on the gpu and not sure about the mem .I've been playing hl2 , doom3 and et with no problem. Like I said , with the xt bios I could oc it to 530 575 , but that defaults at 500, 500 ,so no biggie imo .Easier not having to load ati tool and just running the ati xt pe 520 560 bios and have a functioning overdrive setting instead of a checker screen.

hmm, i read on the XT - PE it overclocks the core by 3mhz or something heh. Can't remember where I read this, is it true? :)

With the xt pe bios that a lot of people are using , its default is 526 on the gpu, which happens to be the speed i get when overdrive is enabled.When using the 526 575 bios, overdrive would give me a corrupted screen.

Back