• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual 6600GT's or Dual 6800's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dukemurmur

I know that dual 6600GT's are around the same speed as a single 6800gt but for the price of a single pci-e 6800gt i can get the A8N mobo and dual 6600gt's. So i started looking around and found that 6800's where about 75-100 bux more then the 6600GT's..what i was wondering is if there are any cards out there (6800's) that have an almost 100% chance of all of the pipes being unlockable? and if not what is the performace diff between dual 6600GT's and dual 6800's?

The main reason i ask is really will it b worth the extral 150-200 bux for the 6800's over the 6600GT's? i know it would b if the 6800 WOULD mod to have full pipes but so fair i have seen little prof that they will or if they do it dosn't seem to do much..

So i would like to be stered one way of the other...

Get a single 68 then buy another later. A single 6800U will equal a 6600GT. But is it worth the xtra $200? lol bro OF COURSE IT IS, 6800s are easily 2X faster than a 6600GT

Sen u mean a single 6800GT? I would....but they are over 500bux if you can find them...where i could get dual 660GTS for under 400 or dual 6800's for under 550 and both can b found without much looking or waiting...a i am getting a little sick of waiting for my new i comp i have given up on the Venice core and the DFI mobo and i am going with the A8N and the new Winnies...

LOL when i finish my comp look in my sig 2 c the parts i have now that is one reason i am getting a lil impatent i miss the net lol

Dual 660s shoud be fine, I know 6800s on PCI-E are a real ***** to get ahold of. Just be sure to get some nice ones that come with free ****. You know the drill :beer:

Lemme know when you get em up and running, I have several driver packs and tools you will want ;)

The thing is i can't find ANY 6800GT or Ultra (not that i would spend the cash on getting an ultra when i can oc the gt 2 b faster) that r pci-e or the one that i can find r out of stock...

Dukemurmur said:
The thing is i can't find ANY 6800GT or Ultra (not that i would spend the cash on getting an ultra when i can oc the gt 2 b faster) that r pci-e or the one that i can find r out of stock...
Dual 66s will pull about 14K on 3dmark03, that should be plenty for a stock system :D. Im pretty sure www.gameve.com has a couple 6800s on PCI-E

Alright i will wory not lol...idk i like th idea of dual 6800gt's or even 6800 over the 6600GT's it is a hard chioce to make...but i think that i am going to go the wrot of 6800's and try to unlock the extra pipes then oc the hell out of them...

MAN I HATE DIAL UP!!! but i think the 6800nu is the way that i am going to ga and ty the mods to get the other pipes up...

Dukemurmur said:
MAN I HATE DIAL UP!!! but i think the 6800nu is the way that i am going to ga and ty the mods to get the other pipes up...
No...lol HELL NO. Look at how slow the memory speed is! 325/300? Its normally 350 on the AGP versions. Just get dual 66s or a single 68

I think that i am going to spend the extra 200+- and get the 6800nu...as i hae seen them outscore stock GT's....so i think that is what i am going to do maybe with this crd here http://www.gameve.com/gve/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=VC-LEAD-029
or another brand...idk lol i guess the money will decide in the end....as i need more right now i just bought a new truck and i am waiting for my sled to sell then i will have the cash to finish my comp

Well i g2g Sen i will be on tommorow lol without IM though any maybe i will drop u a PM

Take care man

Back