• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

850xl in stock yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

situman

Anyone picked up one of these yet? I might just have to go Nvidia if ATI is pulling crap out of their asses again.

Don't believe they are in yet. You can always check pricewatch. If I were to upgrade, I would just go nvidia 6800 pci-e, for sli potentials down the road. ;D

Well, that also entails waiting for a nforce4 motherboard, which are slow to the scene in arriving. *cough* *DFI NFORCE4 SLI* *cough* *cough*

nah no SLI for me.I am waiting for NF4, just not SLI. Dont care for SLI. Its going to be a biatch to watercool and its going to be a nightmare. Besides current CPUs cant keep up. Whats the point? Besides, someday it will be easier to sell one card than two cards. Todays 900 SLI setup will sell for 200 bucks used tomorrow. Maybe I will just pick up SLI "Tomorrow." :)

OK, you have a point there. However, if you are upgrading your video card right now anyways for $500 why not get a pci express card for future proofness?? AGP is dead as of 2005, becuase manufacturers are forcing us to make the switch. So, back to my point, 500 dollar video card today then down the road you can throw that SAME video card in your rig for 200 bucks increase your performance 70%. If your going to be upgrading anyways, it doesnt hurt to keep the SLI door open from my point of view. You are upgrading anyways right? your on a overclockers board! ATI has no ps3.0 anyways :p

the 800xl or 850xl (forgot which model # it is but definitely XL)retails for 300 and it is PCI-e only. And I do plan to go PCI-e, that why I am asking when the damn thing is coming out.

MadInsane said:
OK, you have a point there. However, if you are upgrading your video card right now anyways for $500 why not get a pci express card for future proofness?? AGP is dead as of 2005, becuase manufacturers are forcing us to make the switch. So, back to my point, 500 dollar video card today then down the road you can throw that SAME video card in your rig for 200 bucks increase your performance 70%. If your going to be upgrading anyways, it doesnt hurt to keep the SLI door open from my point of view. You are upgrading anyways right? your on a overclockers board! ATI has no ps3.0 anyways :p

Ati will come up with their own sli version for their cards which will allow to run diffrent cards

I dont think ATI's version of SLI will work with Nvidia chipsets. And I am pretty iffy about ATI chipsets right now. Maybe their third gen chipsets would be worthwhile.

te xpress200 looks like and awesome chipset, did you read the review at anandtech. If they would hurry up and come to market i would get one, but is stands, it looks i am temporarily going with an nf4 non sli, because i am definately going with ati on the video.

last i heard, the x800xl should be shipping by mid to late janurary.

Back