• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoolerMaster or Thermalright

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Even with these recent defects reports, I'd go with Thermalright. I'm only not convinced with that fan. WHen I was looking for new cooler for me I checked many CM coolers that were said to be silent. Must had poor airflow, but they weren't that silent. Perhaps this one is better.

I will be the first to reply and say Tornado's do not make good CPU fans. I had a 92mm Tornado on my Hyper48, at 12v cpu never had a chance to heat up, but the noise was unbearable. At 5v it moved as much air as a standard case fan, but still made an annoying whine that drove me insain. I replaced it with the silent new style delta fan. The CPU temps are still very good, and there is almost no noise at all. I still have 2 92mm Tornado's however they are on a switch that can be turned completly OFF at night.

I would go with the Coolermaster Hyper 6 or the new Hyper 48.

I have tried both the Hyper 6 and the XP-120 and on my setup the Hyper 6 cooled better by about 3-5 degree's C with not that much more noise. I use my computer for my home theater so noise is a concern to me.

I had 2 80mm fans on the Hyper 6. I had a Sanyo Denki 120mm fan on the XP-120.

A lot of people don't recommend the Hyper 6 cause of it's weight. Well they give you a STEEL bracket to put behind the mobo and I moved my case around A LOT with no problems at all. Although I wouldn't throw it down the stairs!!! :D

Back