• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone know where i could find a 3/8th checkvalve

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
looking for soemthing barbed on both ends

and fairly easliy to push open and to stay closed agenst like 10 psi ( nothing major)

any ideas

www.McMaster.com - check out page # 351, or do a search for "Miniature Ball Valve", I'm pretty sure that this is the sort of thing that you are looking for :).

You'll also need to buy a couple of threaded plastic tube fittings for your ball valve, so that you can set it up with hosing. It's also a good idea to grab some "PTFE Thread Sealant" tape, so that you don't get water leaking out from the tube fitting->valve joints.

These valves are quite high quality, easy to open, and good for several hundred PSI. I used one for a while to do some flow-rate testing, and it worked like a charm.

Picture:

Attachments

• 33325kp1l.gif
    33325kp1l.gif
    32.9 KB · Views: 79
That picture isn't to scale ;).

They also come in a wide variety of different sizes, you can get them as small as 1/2" wide if I recall correctly. With the right sized threaded/barbed plastic fittings, you can use pretty much any ID size tubing that you want to with one of these.

no i just need a check valve

basicly so water doesnt roll back into a system

also known as a "oneway valve"

They've got the check valves at Home Depot, but you have to buy the barbs separately. The have those too.

Last edited:
Crash893 said:
looking for soemthing barbed on both ends

and fairly easliy to push open and to stay closed agenst like 10 psi ( nothing major)

any ideas
You might try one of the check valves sold by welding supply dealers which are used as flashback arrestors for acetalyene torches.

19.jpg

:cool:

it is but its a ball valve

ill try the welding supply

ive seen the ones at home depot and they are far to big and reqire wayyyy to much psi to open like 3-4 psi

Back