• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTC- Is it a ghost in my WC System? PICS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer36

I used to use a bay rez in my system, but for space limits i switched to a T. I was cleaing my basement i found it sitting on a shelf with a 10% Anti Freeze and 90% Distilled. Upon looking closer i see a ball of somthing sitting on the bottom. If i tilt it it will slowly float up but soon start to fall. I believe I could sell this on ebay as the "Haunted Water Cooling res" lol. Anybody know what it would be?

awaysmall.jpg

widesmall.jpg

floatsmall.jpg

closesmall.jpg

looks like a girl to me "starts to rise the falls?" If at starts yelling at you for calling it 'fat' (falling) then its def a girl

Its so messed up, no i do not believe thats mold ill go take a look amin though. Maybe if i put it under UV light it will glow :thup:

Edit. I just took a look closer with a flash light! ITS GOT HAIR, lol

yes probably, i may take it out and poke it with a stick. Like the guy did on the "Blob" movie, lol. Hopfully ill retain my arm!

Elif Tymes said:
Put a small amount of chlorine or antifreeze into it...

and see what happens in a week :D

Chances are it was mold that fell into the water with Antifreeze already in it, killing it, and preserving it. I doubt it will grow anymore, it just few on the wall and then fell into the life taking liquid below.

well its been up there for 5 months or so, and I just noticed it now. You can see though it if you look hard. Just talked to a friend of mine, he said i should weare gloves before i touch it, he's a doctor!

Last edited:
If you don't mind think you could slice off a bit, and put it in a small bottle of the same fuild from the res. and ship it off to me? (heck if you live near me we could meet up for it) I'd love to look at the thing under a scope.

Keiron said:
Clearly a jellyfish.... :p
LOL true true.

sunrunner20 said:
If you don't mind think you could slice off a bit, and put it in a small bottle of the same fuild from the res. and ship it off to me? (heck if you live near me we could meet up for it) I'd love to look at the thing under a scope.
Actually i may do that depending if my friend wants to try to sell it on ebay. lol who knows what kind of effect the blob may have under the USPS scanning equp.

Back